Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fuel leak @ tank couplers m&m injection  (Read 1418 times)

ha.silvereagle

fuel leak @ tank couplers m&m injection
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »

i have a 2001 se roadglide fuel leaking @ quick disconnect.does anyone and have a supplyer and part # for the oring in the tank coupler?i have try numerious and still seeps fuel.it is an m&m injection sysytem not delphi

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: fuel leak @ tank couplers m&m injection
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:14:37 AM »

i have a 2001 se roadglide fuel leaking @ quick disconnect.does anyone and have a supplyer and part # for the oring in the tank coupler?i have try numerious and still seeps fuel.it is an m&m injection sysytem not delphi

The o-ring isn't broken down with its own part number.  Though from what you describe you know this already.

I've replaced one using a generic o-ring from a o-ring assortment kit.  It worked and has for several years now.  I might have just gotten lucky as have heard nor read of anyone else finding anything that fit.

If you hit an auto parts store and look through their o-ring assortment offerings stored behind the counter be careful of one thing though.  Not all o-rings will survive against modern fuels.  There are different types of o-ring material.  Ask them if the o-ring they are pulling the kit from is good for fuels.

And if after a few uses of the coupler it still leaks it'll be time to replace the coupler.  If it hasn't been done in awhile that'll be a good time to replace the fuel filter also.  At least you'll feel like you're accomplishing something extra and worthwhile for the effort.

ha.silvereagle

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

thanks for your reply.i just thought someone here had found a supply and a part # for the correct oring .i have tryed every parts and hardware store under the sun no luck.i will provail!!

ha.silvereagle

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »

OK GUYS FUEL LEAK FIXED!!NOW I HAVE DEVELOPED A MIS A 2500 TO 3000 RPM'S BIKE RAN FINE  BEFORE THE ORING LEAK.REPLACED PLUGS AND WIRES.??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »

REPLACED PLUGS AND WIRES.??

Are you saying you did replace plugs and wires or asking if you should?

Plugs likely replaced somewhat regularly.  Wires don't get it as often though.  So....  Bike is 10+ years old.  Failing wires will (sometimes) cut out under a load while seeming to behave ok the rest of the time.  At that age they are questionable just because of age. 

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.