Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need route help, in the NW  (Read 570 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Need route help, in the NW
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »

Okay... I got my marching orders...    Me and the Kid are heading NE out of Eugene,  in the general direction of Spokane.  Then the idea is to crisscross those hills up there a couple of times on the way out towards Twin Falls, MT.  Then go south-ish to/towards Salt Lake City, UT, kinda staying in the hilly and/or pretty stuff.  Then off to the west towards the Reno/Tahoe area. Then back up the 395 to Eugene. 

She's good for 350-575 miles a day on two-lane and mountain road, (yea, the Kid can ride me and most of my riding buddies in to the dirt by day 4).  We've got eight days 'cause I need to be back by next saturday so I can catch my breath to go out on business Monday.  We leave the 21st so the weather throughout the NW looks pretty good for the whole period. 

Does anybody live on this route, familiar with the route, can give me good ideas of where to and where not to go?  goood roads?  bad roads?  good/bad hotel/motels? (she's good for anywhere she doesn't have to share a bed with stuff she can hear breathing...)   

She's 17, so this may be the last hurrah........   all good suggestions welcomed! 

Hey Mod!  I couldn't decide where to stick this, so if you have a better idea....   I'm a willing Victim!!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:30:31 PM by Coolbreeze »
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
Re: Need route help, in the NW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »

If you can go to Missoula Mt. go south to LOLO Mt.and take hwy 12 to Lewiston Id. LOLO Pass is the nicest road I have ever traveled ,  at one point there is just over 100 miles of twisties that are gorgeous. A must ride road. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »

Lolo is a good place to spend the night as well.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »

Will do.  Thanks!!!!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 12:23:17 PM »

Once your over Lolo head south on US93 down into Salmon. From there you can go on to Twin Falls via Stanley/Ketchum/Sun Valley. If you want to see something really cool head east on US 20 instead of going into Twin and go out thru the Craters of the Moon National Park. You can then continue east to get to I-15 south and head to SLC from there....I was in twin the week after Memorial Day for a seminar and came home through Sun Valley on Sunday June 1st. Followed a snowplow/sanding truck up over Galena Summit on the way to Missoula...brrr..it was cold and wet and snowy for about 20 miles. With the weather forecast for the next week I'd opt to run a north route up into Montana and out to Yellowstone and that area....if you come through Spokane IM me as I am in Coeur d Alene and would make time to meet you...it's Ironman Triathlon this Sunday here so not many hotel rooms available...Ride safe..

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »

Once your over Lolo head south on US93 down into Salmon. From there you can go on to Twin Falls via Stanley/Ketchum/Sun Valley. If you want to see something really cool head east on US 20 instead of going into Twin and go out thru the Craters of the Moon National Park. You can then continue east to get to I-15 south and head to SLC from there....I was in twin the week after Memorial Day for a seminar and came home through Sun Valley on Sunday June 1st. Followed a snowplow/sanding truck up over Galena Summit on the way to Missoula...brrr..it was cold and wet and snowy for about 20 miles. With the weather forecast for the next week I'd opt to run a north route up into Montana and out to Yellowstone and that area....if you come through Spokane IM me as I am in Coeur d Alene and would make time to meet you...it's Ironman Triathlon this Sunday here so not many hotel rooms available...Ride safe..
I have been to craters of the moon and they are a sight. In The area is also ARCO the first nuclear reactor very interesting might be a good see.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 26 queries.