Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vents for Lowers  (Read 1433 times)

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
Vents for Lowers
« on: January 29, 2005, 11:08:14 AM »

Hey there,
Great board, first post.  Been riding HD about 25 years now....Bought my Cobalt Blue '04 SE Electraglide about 6 weeks ago...found one with only 300 miles on her (my bet is former owner was legally insane), Race Tuner, Rineharts...won the lottery on this one....broke her in right and now lovin it.  Best HD I've ever owned...better power and handling than my old 95" Fatboy with better comfort than my old Road King.....couldn't ask for a better bike for long distance or short, IMO....anyways....my question is on the lowers....'04's don't have the vents and here in Florida, that would come in handy.  New vented lowers too much $$$ so question...found 2 suppliers so far for lowers vents.  Can anybody tell me if they have the Airmax vent from Hoppe Industries....link is below....I can get these brand new for $125 at my dealer(overstock).  Was looking also at the Ultravent...link is also below.  Airmax seems bigger but has mesh grill on it that may restrict (or increase velocity?) of airflow.  It is also pop riveted, which I'm not sure is a plus or minus.  And it only comes in black but I ain't needing more chrome on this thing anyway.  Any input appreciated on pros/cons of each.  Thanks.

elvis

http://www.hoppeindustries.com/

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id11.html

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Vents for Lowers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 12:10:41 PM »

Welcome to the site, I don't have personal experience on these but there is people here that haved used the ones from eglidegoodies. I think they give a discount for members of this site too.

Here's a couple a threads to check out:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1070374996;start=

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1092233281

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 02:17:23 AM »

Call Patrick at eGlide Goodies and tell him that you're from the CVO web site and ask him if the group pricing is still good.

I have them in my bike (I think I was first on the SEEG) and had them on my last two Ultra Classics.  They definately work!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 08:56:33 AM »

They maybe a better way to go I installed the 05 vented lowers and have issue with kicking the left one closed while riding.  Think it had more to do with my size 14 boots than the vents did crank the adjuster done to solve the problem but then the vents where hard to move.  They do get a LOT of air moving past your legs and are nice when it is real hot.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 10:01:31 AM »

Thanks for response, guys.
Think I'm gonna go with Hoppe version....was really impressed with the build quality of them when I saw them at the dealership and the fact that they adjust through the lowers on the fly.  Thinking I'll scuff em, paint em HD Cobalt Blue and clear coat em.  Then the guys from Hoppe will install them for free at Daytona in March...can't beat that.  I'm hoping they help when it warms up down here in Florida but I have a feeling with the heat we get, the lowers will be going on the shelf by July, vents or no vents. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

elvis

Sweet_Temptation

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 08:17:44 PM »

Elvis,

Got any pics of your lower vents? [smiley=7.gif]

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 08:37:09 PM »

I'll work on it.  May take a little while but I'll try to get it done soon.

elvis

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:35:30 AM »

I had the hoppe vents installed on an Ultra that I had before the SEEG. They are an excellent made product. I had them painted to match the bike color before I installed them and then had the body shop do the installation. Once they finished the install they painted the rivet heads and the trim to match. The vents were hardly noticable when they were done.
Darrell

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.