Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Crank shaft sensor melted, oil came out  (Read 7761 times)

Mikko

Re: Crank shaft sensor melted, oil came out
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »

Of course I didn't tell about other plans (= Jims) but was demanding a new motor. They just said that these forums are not all true and they have never heard of any problems except head gaskets. They said the instructions have come directly from the factory. In the beginning they told me that they take cylinders off and then can say more how to proceed. I volunteered to take the engine off and asked to send it to the factory. Now 3 weeks have gone, this week maybe they get the sensor. If I get the bike back I think there is nothing else to do but ride as long as it lasts. On the other hand I would like to have engine that has been fixed so if it breaks in September I would be happy to wait for next May for newest engine. Jims I bought now already because I believe USD is not going to stay this weak and/or prices will increase in US. I just let it wait that warranty is gone or I sell the old engine.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »

Of course I didn't tell about other plans (= Jims) but was demanding a new motor. They just said that these forums are not all true and they have never heard of any problems except head gaskets. They said the instructions have come directly from the factory. In the beginning they told me that they take cylinders off and then can say more how to proceed. I volunteered to take the engine off and asked to send it to the factory. Now 3 weeks have gone, this week maybe they get the sensor. If I get the bike back I think there is nothing else to do but ride as long as it lasts. On the other hand I would like to have engine that has been fixed so if it breaks in September I would be happy to wait for next May for newest engine. Jims I bought now already because I believe USD is not going to stay this weak and/or prices will increase in US. I just let it wait that warranty is gone or I sell the old engine.

Bet the dealer a new motor that you can come up with 20-30 HD Dealer Work orders showing replacement of 110"motors.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »

Bet the dealer a new motor that you can come up with 20-30 HD Dealer Work orders showing replacement of 110"motors.

There Ya Go.. but make sure you specify 'Jims new Motor'
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.