Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BigEar Custom earbuds with speakers?  (Read 5389 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
BigEar Custom earbuds with speakers?
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:48 PM »

Anyone tried the custom made earbuds from Bigear?  I visited their booth at Laconia two weeks ago and they made an impression (Here comes the pun) of my ears.  They have that now at their factory and I can order a set of the custom earbuds for $300.  They also make silicone earplugs at the booth for $65.
I'm concerned about the feeling of not being able to clear my ears, the plugged up feeling you sometimes get in a plane.  I felt it when they guy took the caulking gun and stuck it in my ears to make the reverse mold.  Yes they did put something in there to stop a real disaster.

www.bigearinc.com

They visit bike rallies all over te country.  The schedule is on their site.

Thanks
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: BigEar Custom earbuds with speakers?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »

Anyone tried the custom made earbuds from Bigear?  I visited their booth at Laconia two weeks ago and they made an impression (Here comes the pun) of my ears.  They have that now at their factory and I can order a set of the custom earbuds for $300.  They also make silicone earplugs at the booth for $65.
I'm concerned about the feeling of not being able to clear my ears, the plugged up feeling you sometimes get in a plane.  I felt it when they guy took the caulking gun and stuck it in my ears to make the reverse mold.  Yes they did put something in there to stop a real disaster.

www.bigearinc.com

They visit bike rallies all over te country.  The schedule is on their site.

Thanks

My wife and I have been using molded plugs for about 3 years now. We love them and will never go back to foam plugs.

:indian_chief:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »

With speakers or just plugs?

markt

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »

Just finished a 4400 mile ride out west and wore them every day.  Enjoyed the music and reduced road noise.

Well worth it.

...mark

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:08:03 PM »

Anyone tried the custom made earbuds from Bigear? ...

Thanks

With speakers or just plugs?

I know that Chief has the ear plugs. I recently bought the Big Ear adapter for my Jawbone BT earpiece. Worth every penny. The Jawbone was ~$99 and the ear piece adapter was $75.
AJ

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »

I have been using this gear for three years;  http://www.averysound.com/as.bk-home.html
Just another option for everyone to price shop, john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

I have the ear buds from www.earinc.com. I was very skeptical at first dropping $250 on a set of ear buds. I had been using generic ear buds up to this point. The generic ones were OK at best. Under a helmet that covered my ears they would start to bother me after a few hours. With a half helmet on the problem was keeping them in my ears. Two years ago while at the Carlisle Bike Fest I decided to try the Ear Inc ear buds. Since they came with a money back guarantee I figured I had nothing to loose. They put a piece of cotton into your ear than mix up this gel like mixture and inject it into your ear, a weird feeling for sure. The mixture hardens and they now have a mold of your ear. Next you choose a color and what you actually want in the molds, I opted for the speakers (wireless Blue tooth is in the works). It was about 5 weeks later and I received the completed ear buds in my color of choice. Again I was skeptical at best so off to the bike I went. It takes a minute or so to get use to installing these in your ear as they are such a tight fit. After feeling comfortable with the ear buds off I went. The sound is incredible, such a small speaker that sounds like a high end stereo system. I imagine it is due to the fact that you have a speaker wedged into your ear! It does not take a lot of volume to drive the ear buds. My stereo runs to 61 for volume and I ride in with the volume set in the 50's. With the ear buds in I very seldom go above 9. I was surprised at how much I can hear with the ear buds in. Since the wind noise is blocked everything else is pretty clear. Here it is two year later and I don't think I can say a bad thing about them.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »

I have the ear buds from www.earinc.com. I was very skeptical at first dropping $250 on a set of ear buds. I had been using generic ear buds up to this point. The generic ones were OK at best. Under a helmet that covered my ears they would start to bother me after a few hours. With a half helmet on the problem was keeping them in my ears. Two years ago while at the Carlisle Bike Fest I decided to try the Ear Inc ear buds. Since they came with a money back guarantee I figured I had nothing to loose. They put a piece of cotton into your ear than mix up this gel like mixture and inject it into your ear, a weird feeling for sure. The mixture hardens and they now have a mold of your ear. Next you choose a color and what you actually want in the molds, I opted for the speakers (wireless Blue tooth is in the works). It was about 5 weeks later and I received the completed ear buds in my color of choice. Again I was skeptical at best so off to the bike I went. It takes a minute or so to get use to installing these in your ear as they are such a tight fit. After feeling comfortable with the ear buds off I went. The sound is incredible, such a small speaker that sounds like a high end stereo system. I imagine it is due to the fact that you have a speaker wedged into your ear! It does not take a lot of volume to drive the ear buds. My stereo runs to 61 for volume and I ride in with the volume set in the 50's. With the ear buds in I very seldom go above 9. I was surprised at how much I can hear with the ear buds in. Since the wind noise is blocked everything else is pretty clear. Here it is two year later and I don't think I can say a bad thing about them.

Great review.  I had the impressions done on a damp morning at Laconia with no one around.  Felt sort of stupid having someone stick a caulking gun in your ear for sure.  Bluetooth would be nice too.

wildey

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

My wife and I both have the big ears. Ear plugs and the audio ones too.  The audio ones are not as tight fitting in the ears as the ear plugs are and that is the way they are designed to be.  They work really nice. I would buy them again if needed

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

My wife and I both have the big ears. Ear plugs and the audio ones too.  The audio ones are not as tight fitting in the ears as the ear plugs are and that is the way they are designed to be.  They work really nice. I would buy them again if needed

Do they block out the wind noise?  Do they make you feel plugged up?
Thanks for the reply

wildey

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 02:07:43 PM »

Do they block out the wind noise?  Do they make you feel plugged up?
Thanks for the reply

The audio ear plugs do block out the wind noise and allows you to hear your music or if your using your headset mic much easier and you won't need the volume so high either.

They do NOT give you the plugged up feeling you get with regular ear plugs.  They block out just enough noise to make the ride nice.  If I had to guess, I would say the noise reduction is about 50 percent less than the full blown ear plugs but yet you don't really feel like you have ear plugs in.

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.