Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Cybil is Done--So...................  (Read 2057 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Cybil is Done--So...................
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

Jock,
Maybe one or two of her multiple personalities "might" be done...but you're right, she'll never totally be done. ;)

:devil:

"And there endeth the lesson!" (CH) ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »

Are any of 'em really ever "done" ????
 :coolblue:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 10:15:19 PM »

You're right Chip, it's just a matter of time.  I've been an FD guy since '85.  Saw the light early and have been enjoying the ride since.   ;)  He's close...he'll come over to our side soon.

85---> What was it?
Mine was an 88 EG Classic.
Had sifton cam, S&S carb and paucho tapered mufflers!
Tuner was, , , , what da hell was a tuning device back then?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

The irony of the deal is,
I have the same style tapered mufflers on the two 03 Classics today!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

85---> What was it?
Mine was an 88 EG Classic.
Had sifton cam, S&S carb and paucho tapered mufflers!
Tuner was, , , , what da hell was a tuning device back then?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

The irony of the deal is,
I have the same style tapered mufflers on the two 03 Classics today!

In '85 I bought a BMW K100LT while I was stationed in England.  That was the first year of the "flying brick" water-cooled four cylinder engine.  The LT was the Luxo-Touring (by European standards at the time) model.  I kept it for about 9 months (too cramped of a riding position for my 6'4" body) and traded it for an '85 Gold Wing Aspencade when we got back to the states...Rode the wing for 9 years and it's been HD dressers since. 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »

I had an '98 Classic for one month. Traded in my '96 RK for it. Kept it a month. Hated it cause of the fairing. Liked the radio though. Traded it in after a month for a '99 RK. Hope that splains it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

I had an '98 Classic for one month. Traded in my '96 RK for it. Kept it a month. Hated it cause of the fairing. Liked the radio though. Traded it in after a month for a '99 RK. Hope that splains it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Only thing that splains is that you weren't ready for a F/D.
As I said above, give it time.
The light will shine bright someday.
The only thing I'm sure of is, it will not be as long as it has been!

Just stop fighting it!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »

Only thing that splains is that you weren't ready for a F/D.
As I said above, give it time.
The light will shine bright someday.
The only thing I'm sure of is, it will not be as long as it has been!

Just stop fighting it!

HeHeHe!!! ;D

The only thing I'm fighting is youze guys who are telling me I need one. I got Cybil just how I want her now. That bike was love at first sight, and I love her even more now. Maybe youze need a real SERK to show ya that you really don't belong on those FD's!!! You FD guys KILL ME!!!  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »

HeHeHe!!! ;D

The only thing I'm fighting is youze guys who are telling me I need one. I got Cybil just how I want her now. That bike was love at first sight, and I love her even more now. Maybe youze need a real SERK to show ya that you really don't belong on those FD's!!! You FD guys KILL ME!!!  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
you kill me.   :D  Cybil was just how you wanted her after you had the SPO's put on, then after you got the hard bags, then the Zumo and the Radio, now the great engine build...trust me when, I see the inner FD man trying to come out....she won't be the way you want her until you get that fairing on her....I think that time when you rented the Classic, you realized then that you were a closet FD guy.    8) ::) :P

2012 FLHXSE3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 10:54:53 PM »

Howie,
you kill me.   :D  Cybil was just how you wanted her after you had the SPO's put on, then after you got the hard bags, then the Zumo and the Radio, now the great engine build...trust me when, I see the inner FD man trying to come out....she won't be the way you want her until you get that fairing on her....I think that time when you rented the Classic, you realized then that you were a closet FD guy.    8) ::) :P

HeHeHe!!! I liked the TP and the radio! Now I got both of them! FTF Charlie!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 06:31:17 AM »

Hoist! 8)

Yep :2vrolijk_21:.......explains alot........couldn't figure why you pulled all your hair out.......explains alot :coolblue:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »

HeHeHe!!! I liked the TP and the radio! Now I got both of them! FTF Charlie!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

It's all good Howie.  I'd say that I'll still ride with you even without a fairing, but I can't keep up with you.   :D  I'm keeping an "I told you so" in reserve, just for the day you spring for the fairing.   ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »

It's all good Howie.  I'd say that I'll still ride with you even without a fairing, but I can't keep up with you.   :D  I'm keeping an "I told you so" in reserve, just for the day you spring for the fairing.   ;)

That's "fairing" (HeHe! ;D) enough Charlie. Wouldn't expect anything less! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »

But.....  with the all the focus that's been given to Cybil the other projects have been in the dark.  So Howie, what's up with the WG and the rest of them?  How close is the next project to being ridden?  And, of course, got any pictures?

I'll try to answer this now. Just got back from Vern's and had Cybil's oil changed again. Looks like that's every 2 weeks the way I've been using her. 9000 miles on the new engine already. Would'a been over 20K by end of Aug, but Sturgis is off for me now. MV is my next trip except around the NE on weekends til then. At least got some miles on for million mile Mon though, before the rain kicked in. :2vrolijk_21:

Vern's shop is loaded to the max right now. He asked if I can be patient about the WG and subsequent HB from the WG's parts. So I made a deal with them. They'll go full speed ahead on getting my Pro Street titled and registered so I can at least have one of my street bikes up along with Cybil. When things calm down, they'll finish working on the WG. Then they can put the HB together during the winter, when I'll also be looking for my Cafe Racer Thruxton. So if any of that makes sense, that's the plan Stan! ;)

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 09:26:24 PM »

I love a plan!  ;D har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hogasm

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »

I love a plan!  ;D har!  :drink: spyder

But for some reason or another......my plans always go south....real south :soapbox:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.