Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newest SERT? Super SERT? Opinions  (Read 636 times)

cuttinhorse

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Copper Head Road Qween
Newest SERT? Super SERT? Opinions
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »

I read somewhere that the OEM of the origional SERT is no longer under contract. Is the Super SERT what I would be getting if purchased from HD Dealer?

What is recommended by you guys to keep warranty valid? Buy and have Dealer install a HD SERT?

Is there a SERT and Super SERT both available?

I have used Power Commanders on lots of Ducks, is the SERT similiar?

thanks

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Newest SERT? Super SERT? Opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »

CH - have the SERT on my 02 RK & my 07 SEULTRA.  Do not know much about the Super SERT except it is from a different manufacturer.

I would check with you dealer on any warranty issues involved - my dealer said there would not be any issues with the SERT as long as they did the work.  If somebody else did the work & something screws up, then it gets subjective.  Others here do their own SERT stuff - more power to them (pun unintended). 

SERT allows each cylinder to be tuned individually, and to do this best, the bike needs to be dynoed. It also allows for a negligible drop in gas mileage with a very noticeable rise in HP & TQ.  Had mine tuned after the 1,000 mile break in & was very happy with the results all around. 

Others prefer other products = Power Commander, Fuel Pak.   Best advice is whoever tunes your bike - use the product they recommend/like best.  They know what gives them the best results, and the tuner is more important than the product, basically.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.