Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Code Reader  (Read 3103 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Code Reader
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »

Three words for you, I assume you have heard them before....

Didja check for a load equalizer? Didja? What the dealio?

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

The Red Key indicator is usually off when riding, but I find that a lot of the time it is on solid.  This is usually caused by the security key FOB being too close.  Yes, that 's true.  In my pocket does not seem to be an unreasonable location for keys.  I don't write this stuff.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »

If the key turns on solid after you press the signal switch it is due to the LED signals and an incorrect load equilizer.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:59 AM »

Three words for you, I assume you have heard them before....

Didja check for a load equalizer? Didja? What the dealio?

I know I have them on there, pops had a ton of issues with the Panacea kit - Clearwater HD got kudo's for taking care of him, have a letter to Kuryakyn in the records complaining about it.  Guess there were parts of the kit that were recalled, but they were pretty low key about it and it was installed with the bad parts.

I am going to have to do a wire check - I want to put the shorter light bar on and put the plate under the tail light anyway, so will take that opportunity to double check all of the connections and grounds.  I am betting something is grounding from time to time - there is no pattern to the Key coming on.  Sometimes right away, sometimes its when I am in my last two turns going to work, a right and a left and whammo the key comes on, that is about the only repeatible scenario is that is comes on right about the same place, but never more then one day in a row.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »

The electrics are so sensitve(weak) to imbalance, I had similar troubles, unitl I took all the stuff off and put the stock chit back on...I had a trouble on the serk with a HD brake/blinker light gizmo, took it off, no problem.

Good luck chasing a ground.   :nervous:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.