Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VANCE AND HINES SLIPS ONS, TRUE DUALS AND FUEL PAK...VIBRATION  (Read 1363 times)

graffitticoupe

I have a 2003 Serk which I just purchased this winter with 900 miles on it, recently after riding and putting some miles on the bike I decided to make changes to the exhaust and ECM.
I am looking for a little help, as I recently installed Vance and Hines true duals and  slip on mufflers along with their FuelPak re programmer.

The issue is since the changes I have a new vibration developed at 2850 to 2950 RPM.
I have checked all fasteners and all appears normal.  The only solution is to ride with my feet out on the highway pegs and push forward.

The vibration is bad enough that my hands are going to sleep while on a long ride !

I have emailed and phone V&H with no return communication.  I am looking for a few suggestions.

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
Re: VANCE AND HINES SLIPS ONS, TRUE DUALS AND FUEL PAK...VIBRATION
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »

That's interesting.  We did the same mods to my buddies Ultra and had no problems whatsoever.  Did you set the fuel pak up with the numbers specified in the instructions?  If so I would suggest zeroing out all the settings on the fuel pak and see if the vibration goes away?  That would at least isolate whether it is the fuel pak or the duals you put on.  Another thought would be to unplug the fuel pak instead of changing the numbers.

When we setup my buddies bike the results was very positive.  No problems and a lot more power.

graffitticoupe

Re: VANCE AND HINES SLIPS ONS, TRUE DUALS AND FUEL PAK...VIBRATION
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I verified the numbers twice and re calibrated the throttle, I did not try unplugging as I have been waiting on V and H technical without any response... I have started asking my questions here... good thought. I will try it. 

Thanks

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.