Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traded Big Green (06 CVO Ultra) in on an 09  (Read 1034 times)

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
Traded Big Green (06 CVO Ultra) in on an 09
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »

Well, It's a done deal.  Trading my 06 FLHTCUSE with 32,800 miles in on a 09 FLHTCUSE in Ruby red/Typhoon Maroon.  Only problem is that the entire first shipment of CVO Ultras are sold so mine won't likely get ordered until January.  But I'm turning mine over to the dealer Monday.  I just have to ride the Gold Wing or Road King til the new one comes.  Had to do it as the Dealer gave me one heck of a trade in deal and the new one and it's selling at MSRP and freight cost.

Positive side might be that by the time mine is built they may have caught and changed any problems they find in the initial batch run. :nixweiss:  There isn't a lot of good riding weather up here in MT from October through April any way.
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

REGGAB

Re: Traded Big Green (06 CVO Ultra) in on an 09
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »

Well, It's a done deal.  Trading my 06 FLHTCUSE with 32,800 miles in on a 09 FLHTCUSE in Ruby red/Typhoon Maroon.  Only problem is that the entire first shipment of CVO Ultras are sold so mine won't likely get ordered until January.  But I'm turning mine over to the dealer Monday.  I just have to ride the Gold Wing or Road King til the new one comes.  Had to do it as the Dealer gave me one heck of a trade in deal and the new one and it's selling at MSRP and freight cost.

Positive side might be that by the time mine is built they may have caught and changed any problems they find in the initial batch run. :nixweiss:  There isn't a lot of good riding weather up here in MT from October through April any way.

32.8K of riding sounds like you get around pretty good for living in MT.  I just finished my 30K service this afternoon on my Green SE Ultra, and I ride pretty much year round down here in AL and the Southeast.
Good luck with your new 09.  I just can't trade.  Too attached to my 06.

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »

I really enjoyed Big Green but riding my Gold Wing from time to time always reminded me of how bad Harley's Ultras handle.  Dealer let me ride an 09 Ultra and they have a much more solid feel on the big sweepers when you catch a rough spot.  It did'nt wallow in the rough turn like it had a hinge in the middle.  Then he offered me $26,000 in trade and I couldn't resist.
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »

I really enjoyed Big Green but riding my Gold Wing from time to time always reminded me of how bad Harley's Ultras handle.  Dealer let me ride an 09 Ultra and they have a much more solid feel on the big sweepers when you catch a rough spot.  It did'nt wallow in the rough turn like it had a hinge in the middle.  Then he offered me $26,000 in trade and I couldn't resist.

Wow!!! That is good compared to what some around here want to offer. I have an 07 SECUSE2 and they said clean trade was like $22,500. Retail $27,000....... :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.