Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rineharts Popping  (Read 1062 times)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
Rineharts Popping
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:24:28 AM »

I think there is a thread somewhere on this subject but I could not find it...

My rineharts are popping a little more than I think they should, especially when coasting. I have had the bike dynoed and everything was fine. The bike currently has the Race Tuner, air cleaner and rineharts. Is this common for the rineharts or do I need to bring the bike back to the tuner and tell him he needs to tweak it? Thanks for any help.

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
Re: Rineharts Popping
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:54:47 AM »

laker - has the dealer considered a TFi to adjust the fuel mixture - find a place to get on the throttle hard - turn off the engine and coast to a stop - let the engine cool down and pull a plug (let her cool so you do not strip the plug threads) examine the tip of the plug - tale tell signs of how that thing is burning -

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:56:37 AM »

laker - has the dealer considered a TFi to adjust the fuel mixture - find a place to get on the throttle hard - turn off the engine and coast to a stop - let the engine cool down and pull a plug (let her cool so you do not strip the plug threads) examine the tip of the plug - tale tell signs of how that thing is burning -

According to the dyno sheet, the air/fuel mix is right on and at this point I have not spoken with the dealer about adjusting. Thanks for the tip.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 11:57:02 AM by Laker23 »

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:01:34 PM »

post that dyno sheet and lets all take a look while we are in this thread - remember  [smiley=worthless.gif]

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 04:48:01 PM »

I had the same problem with mine on a couple of maps I had, all that needs to be done is make it a tad richer at 0% throttle. DelNel  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 09:16:49 AM »

I had the same problem with mine on a couple of maps I had, all that needs to be done is make it a tad richer at 0% throttle. DelNel  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Thanks DelNel. I will have the tuner take care of it.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.