Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: noise level with stage one  (Read 724 times)

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
noise level with stage one
« on: August 08, 2008, 06:06:23 AM »

I have recetly just changed my 07 ultra for an 08 ulta.On the 07 i had stage one with screamin eaglepipes,the 08 has stage one with vance and hines,the sound is nowhere a good as the screamin eagles.Any coments?

azmarkk

• Life begins at 40 and gets better from there
  • Ride fast or get out of my way
Re: noise level with stage one
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »

John, I went from a 06 ultra with old style slash downs and got a 08 ultra SE. I could not stand the quite stock pipes so I put on the slash downs off the 06. Love the sound now from the 110 and no cat converters. Runs strong, sounds good.
2006 FLHTCUI
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2006 F250 KING RANCH C/C

REGGAB

Re: noise level with stage one
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »

I have recetly just changed my 07 ultra for an 08 ulta.On the 07 i had stage one with screamin eaglepipes,the 08 has stage one with vance and hines,the sound is nowhere a good as the screamin eagles.Any coments?

I think sound is a subjective call.  What may sound good to me, might not sound so good to you.  You gotta do what is right for you, and if those V&Hs aren't making you smile, then go back to the SE.

Personally, I had a set of SE Pro mufflers on my motorcycle before I had the engine work performed.  The original plan was to reinstall those mufflers post build, but in the end, I opted for a set of Rush mufflers.  I loved the SE Pro mufflers, but these Rush mufflers sound so much better.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.