Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Eagle's ready to fly...  (Read 3222 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: Eagle's ready to fly...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »

How do the handlebars feel? Do they have decent pullback on them? Does that sundowner seat move you up or away from the front of the bike?

Eagleman

I have the same ???. I demo'd a std RG today and the reach to the handle bars was too long.  Tbone tells me the SE version has more of a pull back bar.  My arms were almost totally extended and it was not comfy.  I am 5' 11" with the same 31" inseam. 

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »

The handle bars on the 2009 SERG do have more of a pullback than the standard RG's.  I just sold my 2008 Road Glide and have a deposit on a 2009 SERG in silver.  I spent a bit of time the other night sitting on an O/B SERG and one of the first things I noticed was the handlebar pullback.  I have long arms and to me, even the standard RG's bars had me stretching.  The bars on the new SERG feel very comfortable!

I also noticed that the seat on the SERG was very firm, along with the suspension.  When I first sat on the bike, my butt did not sink into the seat (as a rule, I hate stock HD seats because they are too spongy) and the suspension didn't seem to budge with my weight.  I think this is going to be one taut bike!!   :jalapeno: :bananarock:

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »

Greaseball...When are you supposed to get youe Silver SERG?
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »

Never mind...read your other post! :oops:
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »

I heard that the King tour pack would not be available for the SERG, did you hear different. I don't  like the small pack, as they aren't to functional.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »

The chopped tour pack is the only one you can get color-matched to the SERG's.  While all the others cost $800.  The SERG colors cost $1200 due to the paint!!!!  So for me a chopped is better than no tour pack and Can't mess with the quality of the SERG.  (especially the silver one!!)
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.