Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Radio  (Read 1569 times)

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
Dead Radio
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »

06 SEUC  Radio will go dead on the external speakers but will play on the headset.  It will come back on when it feels like it. Will play fine for a while then do it again.  Does not matter if you are riding or sitting still in the garage just playing the radio.  Any ideas??????
Let's Ride

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Dead Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:43:19 PM »

06 SEUC  Radio will go dead on the external speakers but will play on the headset.  It will come back on when it feels like it. Will play fine for a while then do it again.  Does not matter if you are riding or sitting still in the garage just playing the radio.  Any ideas??????

Sounds like a heat issue. The amplifier heats up and opens a connection. When it cools down the circuit closes and the cycle repeats itself.

:indian_chief:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »

I believe the 06 models have the Radio Sound radio. Some of the passed post i have read indicates they have a trade in repair program.. Not really sure how it works, but here is there web site.. Hope this helps   http://www.radiosound.com/

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:10:52 PM »

I believe the 06 models have the Radio Sound radio. Some of the passed post i have read indicates they have a trade in repair program.. Not really sure how it works, but here is there web site.. Hope this helps   http://www.radiosound.com/

Nope...06 has the HK radio.  Like Chuck said, sounds like a heat related issue to me.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »

I do not know about the heat issue. Sometimes it will play for hours then quite and then sometimes it will quite after just a few min's.  Also sometimes it won't come back on for days then it will come back on in an hour or two.

Also why will the headset speakers allways keep working?  It's only the 4 externail speakers that quite working. 
Let's Ride

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »

I do not know about the heat issue. Sometimes it will play for hours then quite and then sometimes it will quite after just a few min's.  Also sometimes it won't come back on for days then it will come back on in an hour or two.

Also why will the headset speakers allways keep working?  It's only the 4 externail speakers that quite working. 

Mine made my tach and speedo go dead and the engine light come on going down he road...The radio worked fine, pretty much everything runs thru the radio, Changed out Radio has worked great for over a year now... I just get it changed and be done with it... Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:27:48 AM »

I had the EXACT same problem.  The radio itself is bad.  They replaced it under warrenty and all is well now.  I'd of thunk it was the amp by the way it acted.  But nope... Amp is all good.  Same amp, new radio and everything is working.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »

Hope you've got an extended warranty, or bought the bike very late in the year. :nervous: :nervous:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »

My radio had the same issues with working off and on with no consistency on my 07 CUSE.
Replaced radio...all good.
My buddy has the same ride and his just coughed out too...radio is on order. Real issue getting radios in apparently.

JD

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

It's the radio... hope your waranty is still good... mine expired two months before the HK crapped out!

New replacement is $999.00, I found one that was pulled from an 08 for $350.00.

Took a long time to find it at that price though!

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »

My bike did the same thing you are talking about and they had to send the amp off to get it fixed... The AMP was bad... Or that is what the Harley Shop is saying...
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »

It's out of waranty!!!!!! Guess I am looking for a used one!!  Thanks! for the replys.
Let's Ride

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »

Do a google search part number 76160-06... if you just check ebay you wont get the motors listings as well!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

It's out of waranty!!!!!! Guess I am looking for a used one!!  Thanks! for the replys.
Trade the bike and get a new radio, You alredy have a used one now  ;D

pcr02hd

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

Same thing happened to me couple of months ago.
Just over the 2 year warranty but had the extended warranty.
Dealer replaced with a new radio but same day HD made them remove the new radio and next day they received a refurbished radio from UNITED RADIO INC. Part Number is 76160-06REFURB.
The price on the invoice was $275.
Cost me $50 deductible but from what I understand for the remainder of the warranty if it dies again there is no deductible.
Sorry I don't have a phone number for the place but maybe your dealer can help.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.