Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Springer performance  (Read 1451 times)

mnkisland

2009 Springer performance
« on: June 28, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »

I bought a new 2009 Springer CVO 110 back in Febuary of this year.  I've since put on V&H 2+2 big radius exhaust, which sounds great, a Power Commander 5, and had it on a dyno which made a big difference, but overall I'm not satisfied with the performance considering it's Harley's biggest, best, and most expensive.  Unfortunately, I guess $30,000 isn't enough so I need to put some more money into it.  Every shop I talk to seems to recommend different modifications.  I fear that they are just trying to sell the products that are most profitable to them.  What do other folks in this community recommend that will keep it reliable and running on regular gas.  I'm looking for lower end performance more than upper.  I don't ride real hard but when I twist the throttle to pass someone I want to feel more power.

maddog110

Re: 2009 Springer performance
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 06:14:11 PM »

downshift & run premium gas

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »

$30,000 cvo buys u loads o chrome not performance, as you found out the standard produst is severly resticted due to PEA emmision laws.

these motors like to rev,   your power band starts at 2500rpm,  so dont labour it below that, use premium gas

next option is a cam change to se251

mnkisland

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:46:01 PM »

I appreciate the information maddog.  Actually that does make perfect sense if I start thinking of if that way.  I'm paying for all the chrome that I would have bought 1/2 of anyway.  As far as the CAM goes others have recommended a 251, and that sounds like a given at this point.  Would you recommend chain or gear drive?  Any other low hanging fruit while they are changing the cam?  How much should I expect to pay for the modification and will I get that much more power out of it.  I'll try to post my current dyno run numbers tonight.  BTW - I do run high test gas in it, that was a miscommunication on my part.

maddog110

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »

More performance is easy with the 110,just takes money and a system of parts working together. A lot of input about that on this site. Any serious motor build should start with the bottom end.Its worth a thought to be sure that crank is good before adding more power on top. I say this because I thought mine was fine, but was found to be out .006 at the pinion.Manuel used to recomend replace at .003 , but now is .012. Ideal is .001.Just a thought, hope yours is fine. Good Luck!!!

gilbert

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »

I have a 07 s.e. springer, with v&h propipe, 10.50 compression pistons, 585 s&s roller cams, s.e. 10mm sparkplug wires and I am dialed in with a s.e. efi racing supertuner. My machine hauls all kind of ass at any time I want. However, if all you want is a little more bottom end look at the specs for the s&s 560 roller cam. The roller gear cams take the cam chain gear slop.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.