Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Respect  (Read 1654 times)

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
No Respect
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who moved almost 2 yrs. from the Pgh. area to Daytona.We used ride together and then he had a Deuce and it was nice.He just purchased a new VRSC and telling me how grand it was.After about 2 min. of his proud papa BS I told him I purchased and other FXR and it was a four.Are you ready for his response: What the hell did you buy that for when there's so many COOL bikes H-D has to offer.I can't tell you guys exactly what was said (have to be nice) but it was almost like kiss my @ss with a verb in there somewhere.Tell me,my friend either has balls as big as church bell's or he's just a jack@ss...

RedFXR2

Re: No Respect
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »

Some folks are simple.  If it ain't new, it ain't $hit.  Or, if it's not the most expensive thing in the lineup, it must not be any good.

You can't change folks like that.  No point in trying.

The MoCo just loves them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 05:19:00 PM by RedFXR2 »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who moved almost 2 yrs. from the Pgh. area to Daytona.We used ride together and then he had a Deuce and it was nice.He just purchased a new VRSC and telling me how grand it was.After about 2 min. of his proud papa BS I told him I purchased and other FXR and it was a four.Are you ready for his response: What the hell did you buy that for when there's so many COOL bikes H-D has to offer.I can't tell you guys exactly what was said (have to be nice) but it was almost like kiss my @ss with a verb in there somewhere.Tell me,my friend either has balls as big as church bell's or he's just a jack@ss...

COOL is in the eye of the beholder.  And if he is such an expert on COOL, why did he buy a V-Rod?  He should have bought a Rocker or Fat Bob, Willy G.'s latest "COOL" models.  In my not-so-humble opinion, COOL is a big part of what's wrong with the MoCo these days, as in "doesn't have to be good or reliable as long as it's COOL".

Your friend may have big balls, or may be a f'n' jackass, or may just have been jerking your chain.  If he knows anything about Harley's, he should know that the FXR was/is the best all around bike Harley has ever sold. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »

Tell me,my friend either has balls as big as church bell's or he's just a jack@ss...

Okay,  Your friend is a jack@ss.

Heck, that was easy. ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »

And the Evo's a much better engine than the TC. It just couldn't be made as large back then, and still hold together, due to the geometry of that motor. But the 110 isn't turning out to be a home run for HD anyway! And Evo engineering by the aftermarket's come a long way since HD's Evo days! Give me an Evo on a light bike anyday! A touring bike is necessary for me for 2-up travelling. So a hot rod SERK is as close as I can get to an FXR. But now I'm finally getting my BLUE3 and that's the one that'll be FUN to ride!!! And I like riding my 80" solid-mount 4-speed Evo FXWG better too. (soon to be a 110" Evo 6-speed Hot Rod!) And both those bikes will keep up pretty good with Cybil! (well Joy might need some help there still!) And when the FXWG's done, it'll blow Cybil away! But Cybil's setup as one bad ass touring machine now! Purpose built! Hot Rod Harley's (after you're done with em) RULE!!! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »

".......I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who just purchased a new VRSC and was telling me how grand it was. After about 2 min. of his proud papa BS I told him I purchased and other FXR and it was a four.Are you ready for his response: What the hell did you buy that for when there's so many COOL bikes H-D has to offer......."

Greg.....first of all the V~Rod is a wonderful bike it truly is.....and every year more and more guys are really enjoying them.....so it's obvious that he would be quite enthralled with it....in the minds of some it's a step in progress......

As we all know next year our CVO FXR's will be 10 years old....with a technology that goes back to the 80's for the engine, while the frame could still warrant being used today.....Next year someone else's response will even be less gracious....and will only continue to point to an "aged" machine.....but the issue is none of these people have owned one...they haven't spent any time on one to grasp it's full splendor.  IF they had owned one, they are extremely disappointed they seperated themselves from it.....

This is part of the motivation I had as I sat here knowing that all of the enjoyment we are receiving from riding these bikes will be understood by fewer people next year and fewer the next.....it's up to us to embrace what other's are riding of course, enjoying their excitement.....and yet be able to articulate the uniqueness of our bikes by helping others to grasp through our conversations what makes our bikes so special.....and having a bit of history mixed in never hurts......So it's great that you can come back here and "vent" your speaking to the Chior here.....but the "unchurched" must be reached via our responses lol....and what might that be.....the mere suggestion of switching bikes for a couple hundred miles....the result: you will be convinced and simply reinforce through the experience that your bike is the greatest and he will be impressed that everything you share in the future about your FXR has some validity behind it.....and one more person will have another understanding of the FXR.  The truest measure that HD missed in their marketing was getting enough people to simply test ride the bike.....had they come up with some creative way to do so, more would have most definitely experienced a quicker ownership into the bike.....Simply think about the first time you rode an FXR, and what your impression was.....it's a lasting one for sure.

The "cool" factor is being on my bike last nite for 30-40 miles and tomorrow it will be going ___________ miles on the bike....and the next time I ride going _________ miles.....in essence the "coolness" of our bikes is the ride.....and that will never cease as long as we are all able to secure the proper parts.  So if we hope for others to grasp what we already know, and to have an appreciation for what we own, they must experience it....

A simple retort:  ......But you know, have you really ever ridden an FXR for 300-400 miles.....if you had, I wouldn't be explaining what the "cool" factor is to an FXR......

So is your buddy a "jackass", nah....he is simply "unchurched" and "uninformed" and yes he may lack a "sensitivity" about your feelings....but where did I see Harley Davidson mixed with "sensitivity"  LOL.....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:00:45 PM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »

The truest measure that HD missed in their marketing was getting enough people to simply test ride the bike....

Interesting idea but from what I've read, it wouldn't have mattered.  HD customers back then wanted style over handling.  They still do.

So is your buddy a "jackass", nah....

Sure he is.  He's a jack@ss. ;D

....but where did I see Harley Davidson mixed with "sensitivity"  LOL.....

This sentiment is dead on.  Check the "Obama" thread ( :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:) for proof. ;D

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »

That doesn't sound like something one "friend" would say to the other. :smilie_daumenneg:  But, it does sound like something a jacka$$ would say. ;) :P ;D

You both own a piece of H-D history, but ask him if he thinks they'll bring back the V-Rod chassis after a 5-year hiatus, whenever that time comes.  I think not.  And the fact that they did that with the FXRs is . . . . . . COOL! 8)

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.