Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ARC Audio  (Read 1371 times)

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
ARC Audio
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »

Just finished installing an ARC Audio KS125.2 amp, 5.25" upper and 6.5" lower speakers in the SERG.  Found a great guy in Alabama that makes the lower speaker pods and hawgrock over at the other board fitted me with the audio components. Both guys really helpful with the installation.  I made a mount and bolted the amp to it opposed to 2 way taping it to the inside fairing. Followed the preset adjustments and fired it up-the girlfriend thought I turned up the shop stereo-this baby sounds good.  Took it out for a spin yesterday and very clear (with a 3/4 helmet and earplugs) glad I had the backrest on the Corbin or would have been blown off by the volume LOL.  Very impressed with this lower priced alternative to other systems, will be interested in comparing to a Hawgwired setup.
Fortunately the lowers I ordered from HD were not a good color match so while they were being repainted, the pods got done at the same time.   :mango:     

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: ARC Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »

Great job on the addition of the speaker pods. I have the ARC Audio KS 125.2 Mini Amp, Foose FD5025 speakers and the sound quality is great. I imagine that the ARC Audio set-up with the speaker pods the sound is even better.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

Gordy – Only wish I could hear your sound system. Love your choice is color too, silver is the best.  Got a question; is that a brake light above your license plate light?

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »

Nice job Gordy.  How about a few photos.  Would like to see a close up of the lowers.  Thanks

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »

looks good, let us know how they hold up.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »

Yes that is a brake light-I live up in the cold dark north (Vancouver British Columbia, note pic) and for some reason the Canadian bikes have this light even though the parts book says it doesn"t.  I changed to a laydown Kuryakyn LED style and it sort of blends into the rear now.  I keep telling myself that the more lights on the back-the more visable I'll be to the daydreamin' drivers (yeah sure) and the other one is "I can't see the damn thing when I am sitting on the seat" :2vrolijk_21:

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »

Hey Hdbagger what kind of pics are you after-here's one of the right side

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »

Info on the guy that makes the speaker pods ?
Nice job
Best color :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

Mr. PODS name is Kevin Morris & phone #205 948 6481

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »

BTW Modesto Harley Davidson offers the ARC audio components through there parts and service dept.  Check out the web site for the reviews.  I bought my stuff through Wayne Robertson 405 343 5050, give him  a call.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

Holy Cr#p nice weather! I'm movin north! Another couple of depressing weeks for Wisconsin to come around. Nice job on the Tunes! :2vrolijk_21:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:49:12 AM »

HEHE yeah sorry about the pic, was a beautiful day Sunday.  I keep telling people it only rains here, that's why the trees are big and tthe grass is green.  Best thing about living here is that when it isn't raining it's riding time, who cares what the temp is as long as it is above 32F.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.