Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mesh Jacket Suggestions?  (Read 1965 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
Mesh Jacket Suggestions?
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

I would like to get a jacket to wear on those hot days in the summer when I really don't want to wear one.  What do you suggest?  A little late in the year but maybe I can get some deals now.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Mesh Jacket Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:18 PM »

98281-07VM is a very versatile jacket, just unzip the removable sleeves and chest band and store it in your luggage for the cooler evenings

Men's Bracket Jacket with Switchback Technology
Speed freaks, say hello to your jacket. Water-resistant polyester with switchback technology textile outer panels that zip-off to create a mesh jacket with classic orange race stripe. Removable waterproof liner. Removable body armor in shoulders and elbow. Action back. Snap-down sleeve tabs. Adjustable cuffs and waist tabs. Two hand-warmer pockets. Reflective piping. Harley-DavidsonĀ® and Screamin' EagleĀ® graphics.

98281-07VM

MSRP US $295.00 - US $305.00 per size and/or color

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

I have the 99$ special, black with the orange flames on the sleeves. I love it, seems to keep the sun off of me and is very cool. I have not purchased the hydration packs yet.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »

Have one of the HD mesh jackets (they make one or two every year) and a Vanson mesh/Nylon jacket. Like them both. The Vanson is bright yellow and I tend to wear that in the city when I want to be seen in traffic. Wore the HD one out to Sturgis in 95+ degree heat. Put the hydration packs in for a while and they worked quite well. Should be able to pick up either for between $100-200.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »

I've got the HD mesh jacket with the hydration packets, too. I only use the hydration on hot, longer rides. They work.  The jacket wears like iron and I wear it any time leather is too hot. I love the protection, including the shoulder and elbow pads. Owned it two years. 

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »

I have the 99$ special, black with the orange flames on the sleeves. I love it, seems to keep the sun off of me and is very cool. I have not purchased the hydration packs yet.

Awesome jacket for the money, keeps the sun off you and with the H2O vest "Feels like A/C" out here in the hot weather, sometimes we ride with temps over 105. :2vrolijk_21:

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 04:00:20 PM »

Check out Joe Rocket.

dees_1

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

I agree with you to look now for EOS bargains (that's how I buy most of my gear).  About 7 years ago, I picked up an HD men's double mesh jacket for $20 on clearance and it's my go to jacket.  I'm sure it is no longer made because it was EOS. 

I wear it whenever the temp's above 75.  The inside mesh is black (natch; it's HD) and the outside is a light grey.  There are minimal orange and white HD graphics (simple labels) but enough to make you more visible.  I like that the sleeves are longer (I'm a tall girl) and the inside pockets are larger so cell phone and wallet fit nicely. 

I can't stand some of the cr@p the marketing folks thinks works well for women (pinks and purples with rhinestones over everything???  blech!).  I want gear that works and is comfortable so I go for men's jackets.  When I want to dress for looks, I'll buy that other stuff.  I buy gear to ride.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.