Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Bluetooth Volume  (Read 1405 times)

AnyNoleRider

Harley Bluetooth Volume
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »

I see that there are a lot of Harley Bluetooth users on this forum, and not once have I seen anyone reply to Bluetooth questions with the negative remarks you get on some other forums. I understand that some people want to ride and not be bothered by their cell phones, but I work and have to be accessible.

I bought one of the Harley Bluetooth units last year, and it works great except for the volume. Calls come in at a lower volume than the GPS or whatever music is playing. I've had 4 different phones, and never had trouble pairing, but always the low volume issue. If I get a call when on the highway, I oftentimes have to pull over to hear the caller. I have raised whatever volumes I could find on the phone and the radio without success. Even tried to set the phone to "hearing aid" in hopes that it would increase the volume further.

I see that Harley discontinued this unit, but do they still support it? Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a resolution?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Harley Bluetooth Volume
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »

I'm using the Treo 755P and don't experience volume issues. In fact i find it too loud at time. My system works great and don't know what i would do if mine ever failed.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:02:04 AM »

I see that there are a lot of Harley Bluetooth users on this forum, and not once have I seen anyone reply to Bluetooth questions with the negative remarks you get on some other forums. I understand that some people want to ride and not be bothered by their cell phones, but I work and have to be accessible.

I bought one of the Harley Bluetooth units last year, and it works great except for the volume. Calls come in at a lower volume than the GPS or whatever music is playing. I've had 4 different phones, and never had trouble pairing, but always the low volume issue. If I get a call when on the highway, I oftentimes have to pull over to hear the caller. I have raised whatever volumes I could find on the phone and the radio without success. Even tried to set the phone to "hearing aid" in hopes that it would increase the volume further.

I see that Harley discontinued this unit, but do they still support it? Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a resolution?

Good morning AnyNoleRider

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:
It would be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread New member introduction
with a pic of your bike  ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »

Not to be obvious, but you do have the volume all the way up on the radio when in Bluetooth mode?  As I recall (Don't have the bike today), Cycle through the modes till you're on the phone menu screen on the radio and then toggle the handlebar volume switch up.  You'll see the phone mode has a separate front and rear volume control.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

AnyNoleRider

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

LOL. Yeah, I figured that one out! I even called Harley and they knew nothing.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.