Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint Codes and manufacturer  (Read 1836 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Paint Codes and manufacturer
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:11:40 PM »

Hey guys I have a 09 SERG and I believe its electric orange and vivid black. We are really having a difficult time getting the orange to match because it it a 2 or 3 step process. I have a local painter who is doing the work and is great. I have known him for 40 years and he is struggling with the process. Its to dark, not enough flake, to much orange not enough orange. Whatever! So I'm wondering if anyone out here that is a painter has the process they would share. Could someone verify the paint codes and whos paint to buy. What we are doing is painting speaker lids for the hard bags! Thanks guys, if this would be better handled over the phone PM me and I'll call you!

BigLew :orange:

mark

Re: Paint Codes and manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »

Others with more specifics will chime in, but HD isn't going to help an independent painter and will not volunteer specifics on paint.  You may have better luck with a match by one of the painters that do this regularly (like Gunslinger) but expect a long wait time.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »

You might contact Xtreme Dimension from this forum
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »

The problem you are going to have is the guys that have figured it out don't want to share that info because they have a lot of time and materials involved in that learning curve. Custom colors can be quite pricey, six ounces of Atomic Orange cost my body shop $105.00! It would be akin to giving away the recipe for Coca Cola or Kentucky Fried Chicken. Your best bet would be to get ahold of a shop experienced in duplicating Harley custom paint such as Extreme Dimensions and ask if they have the formula and process figured out for your particular color. I know it's not what your painter wants to hear but it may be your only option. Good luck on the match!

T-MAN 117 kit

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

you are right, I know the paint codes are out there but how to go about the process is something totally different.

BigLew

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »

You might contact Xtreme Dimension from this forum

Joe is the guy to go to but I believe you wil need to have him do the work.  It takes a lot of time and experience to get CVO colors right.  Joe has spent his time in school and mastered his homework.

Good luck
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 21 queries.