Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing info observation  (Read 1630 times)

Ultra2010

Missing info observation
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

Hope this is in the correct forum area.

No 360 view of the CVO Ultra on the HD web site.

a lot of N/As in the specs area.   Geez, how can that even happen unless web info and publications are "off loaded".

Does the CVO Ultra come with a CD player?  It's mentioned on the CVO SG but not the Ultra.....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Missing info observation
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

a lot of N/As in the specs area.   Geez, how can that even happen unless web info and publications are "off loaded".

Does the CVO Ultra come with a CD player?  It's mentioned on the CVO SG but not the Ultra.....
Yes, the Ultra has a built-in CD player, that comes standard with the HK head unit.  Bear in mind that the Ultra also has the built-in GPS Navigation, which if you want to have data available all the time, requires that you keep one of the two CDs in the unit at all times.  I keep the Eastern US disk in my CD player all the time, as I listen to XM exclusively on the SEUC and never use the CD player.  Just a personal preference on my part.   

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Ultra2010

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »

Thanks RedDevil,  I thought it would have the CD, but oddly it does not say so.  I did not know about the cd requirement for the GPS.   I'm looking VERY forward to the XM!  I'm a talk radio/news junkie.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »

Thanks RedDevil,  I thought it would have the CD, but oddly it does not say so.  I did not know about the cd requirement for the GPS.   I'm looking VERY forward to the XM!  I'm a talk radio/news junkie.

I'm hooked on XM on the bike.  I don't listen to AM or FM at all...sometimes I use the weather radio, but 99.9% of the time it's on XM and I just keep the Nav CD in the player....

2012 FLHXSE3

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

I'm hooked on XM on the bike.  I don't listen to AM or FM at all...sometimes I use the weather radio, but 99.9% of the time it's on XM and I just keep the Nav CD in the player....

I do the same thing RedDevil, works for me  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

I do the same thing RedDevil, works for me  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty

:2vrolijk_21:  And by the way, congrats on making 1K in the posts Marty.   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

2012 FLHXSE3

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:35:49 AM »

Mr. Devil using the GPS Navigation system how does it work. Will it give me turn by turn with sound through the speakers or headset. Or do I add a screen? I'm not used to have these type of options.  :nixweiss:

Chris 8)
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:29:40 AM »

Mr. Devil using the GPS Navigation system how does it work. Will it give me turn by turn with sound through the speakers or headset. Or do I add a screen? I'm not used to have these type of options.  :nixweiss:

Chris 8)

The GPS Navigation system on the SEUC is definitely not a full feature system.  (Some would accuse me of being overly kind in my assessment of the features.  ::) )  I find it to be an adequate, Point A to B (with no ability to do waypoints) system.  It will give you voice prompts, (through the bike's speakers and/or helmet speakers) and does show a graphic representation of what directions (by way of arrows) you'll be taking and how close you are to your next maneuver.  There are no map displays, which I find amazing considering the price that HD charges to add that capability to the HK head unit.  And lack of color display is even more amazing.  I primarily use it to get "home" when I'm traveling.  I'll map out my route for the day and at the end of the day if I need to get back to where I started, I just hit home on the unit, which I set up before I left.  I also use the unit for the HD directory that's built in.  But be careful, with a lot of dealerships moving to new locations, it may not be accurate.  I've found some dealerships that are listed in the database to be two to three miles away from the point the GPS took me, only to find out that they moved to a new location within the last year or two.   I only use the built in unit, because it came with the bike.  I never would have purchased it separately.  My advice is play with it and if it works for you, great, if not get a Zumo 550 or 660, which are by far, better GPS units.  I don't know why the MoCo just doesn't build one of the 660s into the SEUC, that would be really cool if they did.   Hope this helps.

2012 FLHXSE3

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

The "N/A" entries are there because they use a generic form for all versions within a vehicle family, and while those items are extra cost options on the lesser models they are standard equipment on the CVO.  Therefore, on a CVO those items are "N/A", or not applicable.  A better way to do this would have been for the dweeb assigned to do the spec sheets to use "STD" (standard) or "N/C" (no charge) in the price column.

It seems like H-D did a much better job in the past giving a more detailed listing of the actual equipment that came with the bikes.  I don't know if they've gotten lazy or what.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

I'm almost sure that is why the MoCo does not tout the CD player while listing the nav system.  They prolly don't want you to know that you have to leave a nav CD in the player all the time to use the system. 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:13:00 AM »

The GPS Navigation system on the SEUC is definitely not a full feature system.  (Some would accuse me of being overly kind in my assessment of the features.  ::) )  I find it to be an adequate, Point A to B (with no ability to do waypoints) system.  It will give you voice prompts, (through the bike's speakers and/or helmet speakers) and does show a graphic representation of what directions (by way of arrows) you'll be taking and how close you are to your next maneuver.  There are no map displays, which I find amazing considering the price that HD charges to add that capability to the HK head unit.  And lack of color display is even more amazing.  I primarily use it to get "home" when I'm traveling.  I'll map out my route for the day and at the end of the day if I need to get back to where I started, I just hit home on the unit, which I set up before I left.  I also use the unit for the HD directory that's built in.  But be careful, with a lot of dealerships moving to new locations, it may not be accurate.  I've found some dealerships that are listed in the database to be two to three miles away from the point the GPS took me, only to find out that they moved to a new location within the last year or two.   I only use the built in unit, because it came with the bike.  I never would have purchased it separately.  My advice is play with it and if it works for you, great, if not get a Zumo 550 or 660, which are by far, better GPS units.  I don't know why the MoCo just doesn't build one of the 660s into the SEUC, that would be really cool if they did.   Hope this helps.

It's actually 3 CD's as of 2009.  I just found out something last week on the NAV system.  I had a route programmed in to find my way home from where I was at in Ohio.  Once I reached a point where I knew where I was at, and decided to take an alternate route, I stopped to take the NAV CD out.  I didn't shut the engine off though.  Once I put a music CD in and started riding again, not only did the NAV system  continue to guide me home, it also recalculated and changed routes as I continued on with my alternate route.  I didn't think that the system would recalculate at all after the CD was removed, but it appears that you can program a route, have it calculate the route, and then you can take the CD out, IF YOU DON'T TURN OFF THE ENGINE.  I'll have to try this again for a trip I'm taking on Saturday, but I can't imagine that something like that could happen as a fluke.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.