Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hopefully not terminal  (Read 1270 times)

uly-glide

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 06 Buell Ulysses
Hopefully not terminal
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

It was cold and snowy departure Thursday morning from northeastern KS. But it was going to be worth it, I was heading for FL! By the time I got to Columbia MO the weather had  cleared up. The Gerbings and my RoadCrafter were keeping me warn and dry. When I turned south at Evansville IL the torrential rains were accompanied by the tornado sirens. Time to switch to the weather band.... Rain, tornadoes, flash flood watch. Time to call it a day!
 Friday I'd make it to Thursday's intended destination Maryville TN, and a crack at the much talked about Tail of the Dragon. A few miles out side of  Knoxville the motor started making noises a motor shouldn't make. It's running fine just a god awful noise like someone left a extra nut and/or washer in there, but I have 8K+ miles on and you'd think it would have shown up sooner.
 The good folks at Smoky Mountain HD got it right in and will let me know if its terminal....
Looks like I may flying back home.
BTW While I was in service there stood a twin to mine. Silver,chopped TP, lowers etc. I told them I'd just swap but they're prepping it For some other lucky rider. Suppose he's on here?
 Stranded(for now) in TN

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Re: Hopefully not terminal
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

Damn, sorry to hear of the trouble.   :thumbsdown:

Good Luck and have a safe journey, no matter what the outcome...
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »

That bites! Let us know what they find!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:10 PM »

Bummer and good luck. Comp nut?

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »

that sux

good luck

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

uly-glide

And the worst part...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »

800+ miles and I'm setting at the edge of the Great Smokies without a bike!

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

Look at the bright side. You could have got stranded on a broke down metric bike. Least you got some decent support. You'll be surprised how fast you will be back on the road. Keep us posted! sounds like a great trip you have going. Remember your not in Kansas any more! :huepfenjump3:   
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

uly-glide

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »

Just got the diagnosis a bad lifter,some wear to other parts. The dealership has been great! We're going to replace all affected parts. Should be ready by Wednesday....

clegg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG, Black & Orange. 106 stroker, 585 S&S gear driven cams, SE billet cam plate w/ SE oil pump, 52mm S&S throttle body with closed loop VFI system, Vance & Hines 2 into 1. Headwork by Leo Hess at Full Blast Engineering.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 10:24:32 AM »

Sorry about your luck, I just came home on a trailor a while back myself. Breakdown suck! By the way Highwaystar, "broken down on a metric"? I love my SERG, but I never brought home a Honda on a trailor, and I have done a lot of riding....Just saying...
Semper Fidelis

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »

It was cold and snowy departure Thursday morning from northeastern KS. But it was going to be worth it, I was heading for FL! By the time I got to Columbia MO the weather had  cleared up. The Gerbings and my RoadCrafter were keeping me warn and dry. When I turned south at Evansville IL the torrential rains were accompanied by the tornado sirens. Time to switch to the weather band.... Rain, tornadoes, flash flood watch. Time to call it a day!
 Friday I'd make it to Thursday's intended destination Maryville TN, and a crack at the much talked about Tail of the Dragon. A few miles out side of  Knoxville the motor started making noises a motor shouldn't make. It's running fine just a god awful noise like someone left a extra nut and/or washer in there, but I have 8K+ miles on and you'd think it would have shown up sooner.
 The good folks at Smoky Mountain HD got it right in and will let me know if its terminal....
Looks like I may flying back home.
BTW While I was in service there stood a twin to mine. Silver,chopped TP, lowers etc. I told them I'd just swap but they're prepping it For some other lucky rider. Suppose he's on here?
 Stranded(for now) in TN

Hopefully it is Dunk or Buffalo working on you're Bike.  Dunk is first rate, he built my Fatboy motor, 38K on a 95 hp 100 torque 95" er.  buffalo is also very good.  If Dunk can not work on my Bike then Buffalo is the only other one for me.  SMHD is a very good shop.

The Silver one in the Shop is not mine but was also sold by SMHD.  I do not think the owner has rode the bike yet.  Not sure that he is on here.  I know the guy who bought the oragne one at SMHD is on here as am I with my silver.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »

Just got the diagnosis a bad lifter,some wear to other parts. The dealership has been great! We're going to replace all affected parts. Should be ready by Wednesday....

I am glad to hear they are taking good care of you.  They have a concert there tonight at the Shed.  I will not be there as I am off shore at work.  My wife will be there working.  She just started at the dealership last week in March.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:49:49 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

enjoy the area and ppl.

if ya break down this is good as place as most. :orange:

good luck

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.