Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headlite adjustment SERG  (Read 1439 times)

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
Headlite adjustment SERG
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »

Just got done installing J&M speaker kit,Riders claw,and Clearview trim installation kit.Someone posted an easier way to install the outer fairing was to remove the headlites ,and it worked great Now to my question,does antbody know if the top headlight adjustment screw can be adjusted with the fairing shell on like the lower adjustment screws,and if not what is a good estimate as a starting point as to how many threads should be showing to start with,andyes I pushed to hard and stripped the plastic insert when putting it back together.
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Headlite adjustment SERG
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »

thats the way i do my outer fairing install and it does require to be gentle with the headlight bucket engaging the clips. i usually put the upper one in first. i learned the hard way myself.
 i know of no other way to adjust the top screw with the fairing on. i have seen the metal stud wedged in the plastic retainer on several occasions on the top mount (not in the hole). if all the cables and such is out the way it does install easily, ya just can't force it. by what you describe i would suspect the top adjuster to be in at an angle. don't ask me how i know this. :nixweiss: it does get easier every time i do it. hopefully the clip is not stripped.

good luck

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »

The clip is stripped,already ordered from HD Only 4.50 haha

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »

The clip is stripped,already ordered from HD Only 4.50 haha

gotcha :2vrolijk_21: practice putting the lights in with the fairing off and you'll get a feel for it.

i got a good laugh at myself the first time installing the faring on a tr. :drink:

TN

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 11:11:17 AM »

Can the plastic thing (where the top headlight-screw moves in ) be replaced ? What is the part number ?
 Mine is broken on the one side , the top headlight screw does move in but i don`t know whether the screw does fix the headlight perfect (because this plastic thing is broken on the one side ) . It looks like this plastic thing belongs to the headlight housing and it looks like it can`t be replaced seperate .
 Does anybody know what i mean ?
 And have a solution ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »

They are available through dealer,they are 4.50 here,there are 3 total and if the plastic clip breaks it won't stay in the holder,from what I understand so far is you can adjust the 2 lower ones without removing the fairing,but not the top one

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »

i did not broke a clip . I broke the holder. Is it possible to replace it ?

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »

We might be talking about 2 different things the holders on mine are steel, sorry

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »

i did not broke a clip . I broke the holder. Is it possible to replace it ?

part of the fairing where the clips engage?? or on the headlight assembly??

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 02:06:08 AM »

It is the grey inner part , not directly at the fairing , i guess it is the headlight-assembly , but i do not find a point where this plastic-holder can be seperated , maybe it belongs to the headlight housing and i go not know where this could be seperated from the outer fairing .
Looks like the different parts ( the outer fairing and headlight housing are "melt" together ) . I am talking about the 09 SERG .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:09:29 AM by Highjagger »

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.