Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Kerrupted!  (Read 4019 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Kerrupted!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

Would never hold out on my buds, Did the cat thing and installed the 2" cores. Back there in a thread somewhere. Made a huge improvement in the way it pulls.

Right now I am into Mama's floorboards and my highway pegs...

:worthless:
The impossible just takes a little longer

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »

Welcome from south Florida..You sure do catch on quick!   :2vrolijk_21:

:drink:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »

I thought about a Street Glide, and then I found out about the SE Road Glide.  I tracked down an O/B and put down a deposit for the bike, which is scheduled for after the 1st of the year.  I sold my trusty 1999 Super X to make room.  My buddies think I'm nuts because the bike is over 30K.  ...

Enter CVOHARLEY.com

I'm soon going to have a $2000 box of parts waiting on a bike.  I guess that's better than the other way around!  Now I just need a secret hide out to install this stuff so my friends don't find out.

And to think, I thought all you CVO guys had it easy!  Kerrses!

Hi Dragon,

Welcome!  As LBJ said, "It hurst so good!"  Let's see, your buying the consensus most beautiful bike on the current market and now you have to buy presents for it?  Sounds like my experience with women (with all due respect to the ladies, of course.)  Why does it cost so much?  Because it's worth it!  Enjoy!! 

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

The first thing I find out is that the thing comes with a CAT, and the pipes make it sound like a Honda.  I need to Kerr-ect that.  Now I have a one-use, industrial coring tool on order.  Then I keep reading... HID lights? Need 'em.  Crazy brake light flasher? check.  And there is NO WAY some 1986 Nissan Sentra with quad 16" woofers is going to drown out Jeff Beck!  Million Dollar Stereo upgrade? Ordered.  So, basically, I'm soon going to have a $2000 box of parts waiting on a bike.  I guess that's better than the other way around!  Now I just need a secret hide out to install this stuff so my friends don't find out.

Welcome to the site.  Glad to see you're doing your research.  Everything on your list is right on target.  Just need to add a few more items to your list:  You definitely need a Tour Pack.  Where else are you going to put your sub woofer :)  It is also nice having the extra storage space.  The others mentioned this as well, but rear floor boards are a must if you carry a passenger.  The rear pegs are very uncomfortable.  You need to put a better windshield on the bike as well.  My vote is for Clearview, but you are going to need something better than stock.  Better start ordering this stuff too.  It can take awhile for these parts to get in. 

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »

Welcome to the site.  Glad to see you're doing your research.  Everything on your list is right on target.  Just need to add a few more items to your list:  You definitely need a Tour Pack.  Where else are you going to put your sub woofer :)  It is also nice having the extra storage space.  The others mentioned this as well, but rear floor boards are a must if you carry a passenger.  The rear pegs are very uncomfortable.  You need to put a better windshield on the bike as well.  My vote is for Clearview, but you are going to need something better than stock.  Better start ordering this stuff too.  It can take awhile for these parts to get in. 

Thanks Jim, and everyone!  I am really glad that I found the site.  There is a lot of great advice.  I do have quite a list!  I like the idea that the TP is detatchable for the around town sleek look.  I have my list of part numbers ready for that.  I think I'm going to stick with only 2 shields, the stock for street flair, and the clearview for serious riding.  You guys already saved me some cash on not buying the Klockwerks!  I'm sure that will go to something else!  I have a couple of months to gather everything, but I know I'll be glad that it is all ready to assemble when it comes in!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

Welcome Dragon;

That Kerr fella is one of a long line of corruptors whose only purpose in life is to get every last penny of yours "invested" (that's what you tell the wife) in the best motorcycles in the world. 'Tis a hell of a ride man. Liked doing it so much I'm on my second go round w/ a CVO. Enjoy!!!

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »

Welcome Dragon;

That Kerr fella is one of a long line of corruptors whose only purpose in life is to get every last penny of yours "invested" (that's what you tell the wife) in the best motorcycles in the world. 'Tis a hell of a ride man. Liked doing it so much I'm on my second go round w/ a CVO. Enjoy!!!

Yeah, pretty much the plan.  Keep spending until you've either run out of money or done everything you can.  If you have done all you can then it's time to buy a new CVO and start over.  Repeat until you are out of money or 6 ft under... 

:cherry:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »

Yeah, pretty much the plan.  Keep spending until you've either run out of money or done everything you can.  If you have done all you can then it's time to buy a new CVO and start over.  Repeat until you are out of money or 6 ft under... 

:cherry:

BEWARE, this can lead to multiple CVOITIS.  Once you get the first one "kerrected" you need another project but can't let the first go.  Then the second leads to the third and so on and so on.  ::)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 10:31:08 AM »

It all started at Sturgis this year when Harley introduced all the new changes to the touring models.  I thought about a Street Glide, and then I found out about the SE Road Glide.  I tracked down an O/B and put down a deposit for the bike, which is scheduled for after the 1st of the year.  I sold my trusty 1999 Super X to make room.  My buddies think I'm nuts because the bike is over 30K.  I rationalized it because it comes ready to roll, big motor, chrome, etc.  I figure the only thing I need to do is add the chrome fuel cover that costs 29 bucks.  Mind you, this is a first.  I've never left a bike alone, and finally, I'll just get it and ride.  No extra costs!  Beautiful!

Enter CVOHARLEY.com

The first thing I find out is that the thing comes with a CAT, and the pipes make it sound like a Honda.  I need to Kerr-ect that.  Now I have a one-use, industrial coring tool on order.  Then I keep reading... HID lights? Need 'em.  Crazy brake light flasher? check.  And there is NO WAY some 1986 Nissan Sentra with quad 16" woofers is going to drown out Jeff Beck!  Million Dollar Stereo upgrade? Ordered.  So, basically, I'm soon going to have a $2000 box of parts waiting on a bike.  I guess that's better than the other way around!  Now I just need a secret hide out to install this stuff so my friends don't find out.

And to think, I thought all you CVO guys had it easy!  Kerrses!

PS: Jim, let me know how much I owe for the cams.  8)

Dragon42, where are you buying the SERG?

I live in O'Fallon MO and bought my new '08 SERK at Doc's.  I've had nothing but great service and they are one of the most friendly / helpful dealerships in the area.  I bought at MSRP plus shipping/setup etc.

Good luck on your new purchase.

I too had just over $2k in boxes just waiting for the new SERK to come in.  I put money down on July 12th '07 and picked it up the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I now have just about 6k trouble free miles, if you don't count the PCM that crapped out on me because it was one of the VERY new '08 models with some bad board etc.  Once that was exchanged, I've been trouble free.

I can't see it this year, but that new SERG sure looks sweet.  Maybe next year I'll sell and buy a new one.

Have fun and don't spend ALL your money at once, stretch it out a bit...

Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »

Dragon42, where are you buying the SERG?

I live in O'Fallon MO and bought my new '08 SERK at Doc's.  I've had nothing but great service and they are one of the most friendly / helpful dealerships in the area.  I bought at MSRP plus shipping/setup etc.

Good luck on your new purchase.

I too had just over $2k in boxes just waiting for the new SERK to come in.  I put money down on July 12th '07 and picked it up the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I now have just about 6k trouble free miles, if you don't count the PCM that crapped out on me because it was one of the VERY new '08 models with some bad board etc.  Once that was exchanged, I've been trouble free.

I can't see it this year, but that new SERG sure looks sweet.  Maybe next year I'll sell and buy a new one.

Have fun and don't spend ALL your money at once, stretch it out a bit...

Dan

Hi Dan:

I live out in Wildwood, and this is the third HD I bought from Docs, and my first forray into CVO.  I put down a deposit on the last Orange SERG they will get.  I think they may have one Yellow one left.  I paid MSRP with tires for life!  All that they could tell me was that it will be after January.  That will save one year of personal property tax!  Besides, I still have my 01 Deuce to entertain me until it gets too ugly to ride.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »

Hi Dan and Dragon
I got lucky and got the first O/B from Docs Hd this year.  Have been totally happy with it.  Its the 2nd bike I bought from them, good people there.  I'm up in Troy Mo.  And yes Mr Kerr has not only caused me to spend money, I feel confidant doing it as he makes procedures very simple for guys like me who gets a little nervous cranking on a new 32k bike. 

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »

Hi Dan and Dragon
I got lucky and got the first O/B from Docs Hd this year.  Have been totally happy with it.  Its the 2nd bike I bought from them, good people there.  I'm up in Troy Mo.  And yes Mr Kerr has not only caused me to spend money, I feel confidant doing it as he makes procedures very simple for guys like me who gets a little nervous cranking on a new 32k bike. 

It was YOU!  :o  Congratulations!  It will be worth the wait!  Besides, I got to sell my 99 Super X to make room.  I wish I got to see it before it left the floor.  I haven't seen one "Live" yet.  I'll have to track you down for help next year!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »

Welcome Dragon;

Dragon42 welcome to the site. I've only been around a year or so and it really a great group of guys and gals. Got to meet a bunch at MV. Had a great time. I would encourage you to do the same. It is truely a wealth of knowledge if you take advantage. Only problem as Jim stated they have no problem helping you spend your money!! :orange:

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »

welcome to the site,just remember that your never finished always 2000$ from being done   ;D
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 25 queries.