Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 23 October 1983 - Beirut Bombing 25th Anny -something to think about tomorrow...  (Read 650 times)

Sean M Cary

"They were not afraid to stand up for their country or, no matter how difficult and slow the journey might be, to give to others that last, best hope of a better future. We cannot and will not dishonor them now and the sacrifices they've made by failing to remain as faithful to the cause of freedom and the pursuit of peace as they have been.

I will not ask you to pray for the dead, because they're safe in God's loving arms and beyond need of our prayers. I would like to ask you all - wherever you may be in this blessed land - to pray for these wounded young men and to pray for the bereaved families of those who gave their lives for our freedom.

God bless you, and God bless America."
Ronald Regan

Semper Fidelis
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:21:37 PM by Florida Marine »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: 23 October 1983 - something to think about tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »

:drink:

elvislee

Re: 23 October 1983 - something to think about tomorrow...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »

"They were not afraid to stand up for their country or, no matter how difficult and slow the journey might be, to give to others that last, best hope of a better future. We cannot and will not dishonor them now and the sacrifices they've made by failing to remain as faithful to the cause of freedom and the pursuit of peace as they have been.

I will not ask you to pray for the dead, because they're safe in God's loving arms and beyond need of our prayers. I would like to ask you all - wherever you may be in this blessed land - to pray for these wounded young men and to pray for the bereaved families of those who gave their lives for our freedom.

God bless you, and God bless America."
Ronald Regan

Semper Fidelis

A prayer for our Brothers of lasting peace and their families to carry with them pride and honor for their fallen loved ones. God, please bless them for they are the peacekeepers and defenders of liberty and freedom for all...Amen

God Bless you all my Brothers
Salute and Semper Fidelis

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

This is one of those "you remember where you were when you heard the news" events.  When Reagan was shot.  When the Challenger was lost.  When the towers got hit.  When... well... perhaps too many others. 

Beirut was a bit beyond most of our collective comprehensions at the time.  We didn't then realize yet who that enemy really was.  Or what they'd do.  Or just how much in harm's way those Marines really were.

It was a Sunday.  I was in an aisle of a small mom and pop's market getting some groceries.  Standing in front of spaghetti sauces.  Remember just setting down the jar in my hand.  Moved the shopping cart aside and left the store. 

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.