Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Series 2008  (Read 453 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
World Series 2008
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »

OK, here's a thought...

We were real close to seeing history the other night that would have been disastrous!

Can you imagine a World Series Championship congratulated without a complete game???

Not a chance!  Never happen!

So there we all were watching the Phillies in control of the game and being up 2 to 1 in the pouring rain in the 5th, wondering how the heck will they ever finish the game, but we naturally wanted to see a complete game.  Then all of a sudden there is a rather easily ground ball that should have been an easy out, but some how it rolls into the outfield.  The fielder casually picks it up and doesn't appear to be too bothered if he gets the guy at the plate or not.  So, the run scores to tie up the game, the Phillies then get the next out and the top of the 6th inning is complete. 

Presto, they then suspend the game till the next day and everyone is happy!

How many believe that the Commissioner sent down a message to each dug out to ensure that both teams work together to get out of this dreadful situation with a tie, and both live to play another day?

Interesting thought, don't ya think?  Sure helps with the ratings and the champions (when the Phillies do finally win) can hold their heads high.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:27:39 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: World Series 2008
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »

I didn't think we were supposed to talk about conspiracy theories anymore :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: World Series 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »

We are baseball fans in our household.  I can't remember having less interest in the October classic.  Was it the teams, lack of big time personalities involved, or "other events" that competed  for the headlines.  Whatever, and who cares unless of course your From Philly or Tampa Bay.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.