Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helmet liner repair?  (Read 792 times)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Helmet liner repair?
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »

I have a NEXL half helmet. Over the lower portion of the inside shell there is a rayon type liner. The aspect that correlates with my forehead has come "unglued". Creates a heck of hot spot after riding for a while. Anybody have any experience or suggestions on how to "repair" the liner? thanks john
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:13:32 AM by HWYMAN1 »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Helmet liner repair?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »

You might try a spray-on fabric adhesive.  I wouldn't try super glue as it will probably leave hard spots underneath it.  A spray will give an uniform layer.  You would have to have one edge free to apply it, however.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Helmet liner repair?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »

You might try a spray-on fabric adhesive.  I wouldn't try super glue as it will probably leave hard spots underneath it.  A spray will give an uniform layer.  You would have to have one edge free to apply it, however.
Definitely one edge free. tried to "roll on" glue. Got hot melted. Had considered the super glue, but came to same conclusion, rough edge or spots would cause more pain! Will give the spray on fabric adhesive a try. Unfortunately NEXL went out of business with the death of their owner, so can't replace it or get info from manufacturer. Worst case scenario would have to buy a carbon-kevlar helmet as replacement. thanks john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.