Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Bad HD Cases? What's Next?  (Read 7674 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Bad HD Cases? What's Next?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »

Howie you have been tested way past anyone's limits.  Please do not take this wrong, but are you really believing that you can get the cases changed under warranty for a motor you built with aftermarket parts at an independant shop?   That's like believing Obama will actually cut taxes for anyone that actually works.  These are the same people that deny a claim if you change mufflers.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »

Howie, what is Fueling telling you about the cases?  Are they claiming the inner cam bearing bores are off location, or the locators for the cam support plate?  The actual support plate you used is a Fueling part, correct?  Just trying to picture what they are trying to say.  Maybe I missed it, but where did the metal in the pump come from, the cam gears, cam bearings, oil pump itself, or what? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »

Howie, what is Fueling telling you about the cases?  Are they claiming the inner cam bearing bores are off location, or the locators for the cam support plate?  The actual support plate you used is a Fueling part, correct?  Just trying to picture what they are trying to say.  Maybe I missed it, but where did the metal in the pump come from, the cam gears, cam bearings, oil pump itself, or what? 

Jerry

They've seen the cam bearing bore holes off location by .003", and also the camplate mating surface on the case out by .007"! They want both locations checked. They're not saying the cases are at fault yet. They've seen these issues so they want to confirm it, or rule it out. It was a Feuling camplate. They have all their parts back with my cams. The metal is from the lifter wipeout and the cam wear. We haven't pulled the engine yet, but I'm sure there's metal elsewhere. Wasn't any in the camchest or rocker boxes . The cam gears seem fine, but need to be measured. All the bearings will be replaced, in whatever cases we wind up using.

And damn straight ! If them cam bearing holes or camplate face is off spec on these cases, hell yeah they're replacing them! >:( ;)

The cases aren't damaged, but it's possible they might have been cast/machined out of spec. No, Delcron, nor ANYONE else but Jim's makes cases for these bikes! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »

Howie,

Did you cut the oil filter open to see how much metal if any was trapped in there?   Any plans to completely flush the motor and oil tank to insure you have a metal free case if you do happen to use those cases again?

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »

Howie,

Did you cut the oil filter open to see how much metal if any was trapped in there?   Any plans to completely flush the motor and oil tank to insure you have a metal free case if you do happen to use those cases again?

Not yet. We haven't yanked the motor yet. Vern's finishing up some other motors right now. He'll be done with them in a few days. Then he's pulling mine right after that. And hell yeah we're cleaning EVERYTHING out. Pulling the pan, oil cooler, lines off. Everything that can come off will, and everything get properly cleaned and flushed. Prolly use new lines anyway. All new bearings. Still unsure on the rod bearings. It depends if he finds metal in the bottom end. If we find any, I'm sending the crank back to S&S to get rebuilt. Not taking any chances with metal being trapped somewhere! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2008, 10:17:59 PM »

Not yet. We haven't yanked the motor yet. Vern's finishing up some other motors right now. He'll be done with them in a few days. Then he's pulling mine right after that. And hell yeah we're cleaning EVERYTHING out. Pulling the pan, oil cooler, lines off. Everything that can come off will, and everything get properly cleaned and flushed. Prolly use new lines anyway. All new bearings. Still unsure on the rod bearings. It depends if he finds metal in the bottom end. If we find any, I'm sending the crank back to S&S to get rebuilt. Not taking any chances with metal being trapped somewhere! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Sounds like the most CONSERVATIVE course of action.............not to be political or anything.   I'm just sayin' :huepfenlol2:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »

dang howie i figured you for a jims man by now. :2vrolijk_21:

good luck

TN

cybil does have multiple personalities ya know. :drink:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »

Darnet Hoist,,

If we lived a tad bit closer to each other i would lend you my clunker spare 96" to get ya through the repair :P

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »

Hoist! 8)

49 post about what crap HD cases are and 18 days since the last post saying

He'll be done with them in a few days. Then he's pulling mine right after that.

So are the cases crap or what?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »

If the motor is full of shavings, you may want to change out the oil cooler as some coolers don't flush well.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

49 post about what crap HD cases are and 18 days since the last post saying

So are the cases crap or what?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Frankly, since you're the only one asking, you'll prolly never know! ::)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »

If the motor is full of shavings, you may want to change out the oil cooler as some coolers don't flush well.

The metal was found in the oil pump. Prolly in the cooler too. We're pulling the cooler and all the lines. Motor's out now. Hopefully apart coming apart soon. Not in a big hurry at this point. As long as it's 100% by spring. Still have to pull the front end for Traxxion service and the swingarm for the new TT bearings and pivot shaft. Will be a complete winter project Bob. ;)

But a new OC might not be a bad idea! Thanks, hadn't thought to replace it. Was just gonna clean it. Now Jenni's getting me a new one. Around a hundred bucks! Thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE idea Bob! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »

Frankly, since you're the only one asking, you'll prolly never know! ::)

Hoist! 8)

That's about the answer I expected.
you'll prolly never know!
And for the record I really don't care. It's the fact that you go on a public forum and blame the problems on the "crap cases from HD" and really don't have a clue as to what the problem is.
That's nice!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »

That's about the answer I expected.And for the record I really don't care. It's the fact that you go on a public forum and blame the problems on the "crap cases from HD" and really don't have a clue as to what the problem is.
That's nice!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Why not just read chit before you post your BS stupidity. First off, you're not supoosed to answer my posts for this very reason. Only reason you do is to bust my balls. And I've stated publicly over and over that these poor people will now have to endure me going back at your stupidity, since I've stated I won't put up with your BS. Others might, but I WON'T! Now go back and read. We all know your SLOW! But when ya actually READ it, you'll see I never said my cases were bad. Only need to check for case problems HD does inssed have. Now stop bothering me with your BS posts. I'm sure you'll get another PM or phone call telling you to stop answering my posts, as you've been told many times. But you just can't resist being a moron. Maybe when you're finally banned from this great place will you realize what an asshole you've being. Then again, prolly not! ::)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.