Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feex'x FXR  (Read 2152 times)

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
Feex'x FXR
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »

OK...Input appreciated these are the forks I want to put on...I might add 3 degrees to the rake for a little more length.

http://www.meanstreetproducts.com/08/73fat.html

Is this overkill?...is there a better alternative?

These wheels

http://www.hdwheels.com/images/40-60_Spoke/Wheel60High/17x3_5%20and%2017x6_25%20Apollo-Sl%2060%20Vivid%20Black%20Spokes%20Matt%20Black%20Rimand%20Hub.jpg

Not sure what tires to use to get that meatier tire look...more rubber than wheel...any suggestions?

Any input on what carb is better than any other...I live in WI so I was leaning towards an S&S carb. Also I will be installing a new ignition module...MDS for that.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:57:21 AM by MrFeexit »
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Feex'x FXR
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:02:25 PM »

OK...Input appreciated these are the forks I want to put on...I might add 3 degrees to the rake for a little more length.

http://www.meanstreetproducts.com/08/73fat.html

Is this overkill?...is there a better alternative?

These wheels

http://www.hdwheels.com/images/40-60_Spoke/Wheel60High/17x3_5%20and%2017x6_25%20Apollo-Sl%2060%20Vivid%20Black%20Spokes%20Matt%20Black%20Rimand%20Hub.jpg

Not sure what tires to use to get that meatier tire look...more rubber than wheel...any suggestions?

Any input on what carb is better than any other...I live in WI so I was leaning towards an S&S carb. Also I will be installing a new ignition module...MDS for that.

That's some expensive hot rod fork to be using on a bobber style bike! ???

But hey, if ya like it and can afford it, go for it. Not sure of how an inverted for would look on a 16" wheel bobber style setup! (I assume you're going fenderless on the front) :nixweiss:

A lot cheaper to install the Traxxion AK-20 Cartridge conversion for your existing fork, than buying a new front end. And you keep the stock look that way. ;)

I like the Super E carb. I've been using it exclusively now for over 15 years on every carb bike! But my 110 Revtech Evo came with a Mikuni. I'll be trying that out for the first time this spring. But I even got an S&S teardrop Air Cleaner Assembly for the Mikuni. NOTHING looks better than an HD big twin with a S&S Teardrop A/C! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »

Maybe bobber was the wrong way to describe what I'm going for....I want bobber type wheels but I also want a bigger Fat Boy influenced front end. Just so it looks a bit beefier going down the road. Thats the reasoning behind the fatter looking forks. I don't want a chopper look...more of a workhorse look if that makes sense. Any other fork suggestions?
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »

Maybe bobber was the wrong way to describe what I'm going for....I want bobber type wheels but I also want a bigger Fat Boy influenced front end. Just so it looks a bit beefier going down the road. Thats the reasoning behind the fatter looking forks. I don't want a chopper look...more of a workhorse look if that makes sense. Any other fork suggestions?

Storz Performance have always made great stuff:

http://www.storzperf.com/jpgs/page7.html

Check it out. They have many other forks too. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.