Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teal paint match  (Read 1819 times)

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
Teal paint match
« on: August 19, 2005, 03:35:16 PM »

Greetings,  

Has anyone had any luck matching the Dark Candy Teal. Had a little mishap on the right saddle bag. Thanks in advance!

tntdse

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Teal paint match
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »

Not Teal, per se, but the same thing....   Go to the PPG web site at
http://www.ppg.com/cr-refinish/phase1/frmFindDistributor.asp  and find a distributor close to you, and they will be able to match your paint exactly...   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

NOTE*  Contrary to the belief of most dealerships, the MoCo does NOT own the paint codes, PPG does, and anyone that has a vehicle with the paint on it can have access to the color codes.  Unfortunately, the dealerships don't seem to understand that......    [smiley=furious.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 08:19:39 AM »

yes had a friend who owns a body shop paint 2 helmets for me and he did both colors of bike,if you don't find out by monday night let me know and i will find out on tuesday.
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 10:26:51 PM »

Could we see a picture of those helmets ?

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 10:24:35 AM »

only if you swear not to duplicate without paying royalities in millers. [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 01:24:37 PM »

Okay, I talked to a PPG paint distributor and the lady looked up the Harley colors on here computer and for 05 they had list a Dark Teal and a Light Teal. But they weren't called candy like the CVO description describes the colors. Do you think this is the colors as I couldn't find another 05 bike that had teal on it? Thanks!

Randy

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 04:02:17 PM »

tntdse....you're in Califiornia..?? You should be able to find a custom bike painter to match your stuff pretty easy. I always thought there were lot's of custom painters in CA...

I found a guy here in Jacksonville (go figure) that matched my Teal perfectly...he used ColorWheel to find it...

Good luck..

Phattey

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »

I went to a guy here(the Bike Man) that all the local dealers use to do their repairs and he said since it was a candy color it would be too difficult to match. I wasn't impressed. I'll have my car guy look at it. CA? yeah I had my custom painted up in Oregon!

tntdse

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 07:59:41 PM »

If you went to Oregon the last time, you can come on up and see my paiter this time!  He did a wonderful job on mine...  I'll hook ya up if you want me too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 09:57:36 PM »

What's his name? I picked up a paint set in Bend last weekend and went through Eugene on my way over to Florence. OL wanted to drive back down the coast. It was foggy the whole way...hehehe. Beautiful drive from Bend to Eugene though!

tntdse

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »

tntdse....

This is probably too much trouble but here is my painters name and number here in Jacksonville...

He painted my side covers and the front fender of my teal bike to the dark teal opposed to the light. I didn't like the light color. Anyway, the paint he used on my bike was from a respray and blend he did on another guys teal which had been dropped.

On the repaired bike no one could tell where it had been blended...this guy is good, but equally important he had the right paint...

Give him a call...tell him Ron with the Teal SEEG sent you...

Mark Sporka 904.288.9998
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 02:42:19 PM by phattey »

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 07:25:20 PM »

TnT,
My painter is Ed Hubbs.  He owns and runs Full Blown Kustoms on Bailey Hill in Eugene.  His number is 541-434-0224.  Tell 'em shannon sent ya and he'll show you my mangled fender on the wall....   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

His price was fair, and , no chit, hold on to yerself, he delivered my fender in 3 days, just exactly like he said he would.  I never had a body or paint guy do that.  he actually delivered when he said he would!  I was amazed at that, and the work was great to boot...!!!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »

TnT,
My painter is Ed Hubbs.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 04:52:46 PM »

I know I know...   I'm rebuilding the network at home and the guys here at work frown a lot when I upload pictures....    I will get the pic's up very soon.  I think ya'll will like the redo on the paint scheme...   But I'm always open to opinion...  

By the way, it wobbles worse now...  I think the big back on the stock fender wroks like a parachute and holds the bike straight....    chit~~~~~~~!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.