Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thanksgiving in the time of war.  (Read 472 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Thanksgiving in the time of war.
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

Today the residents of Afghan caves 41 and 42, came together to celebrate Thanksgiving. Wayne (CVOThunder), and Mark (Ironhorse) met at the mess hall in Camp Warrior. Dining on the finest All American food (prepared by Afghans), the two CVO members broke bread and shared their stories, history, travels, passions, and discontent. They dined on usual fare of roast beef, roast turkey, and baked ham. Ironhorse was disappointed in the lack of apple pie and settled for some over frosted white cake thing with red stuff drizzled on it. CVOThunder went for the traditional pumpkin pie, chiseling off small portions to chew on for hours.

The richest part of the meal was the conversation. Sitting at a table thousands of miles away from the states, they tossed around the storied names of friends and loved ones, people like Wrongway, 110Mofo, TrapperDog, JC, NorthGeorgiaHawg, Isellbulls, HD-Dude, SGChick, Suzie, Fired00d, CVOBiker, GregKhougaz, and many more not recalled.

Under the dull glare of a TV playing last Sundays Broncos - Chargers game, accompanied by the irritating scratch of plastic chairs dragging across a concrete floor, surrounded by the nations finest fighting force ever, the two riders gave thanks. Thankful that they have at last, found someone else who understands them.

Wayne, it was great meeting you, I look forward to regular dinners.

Happy Thanksgiving all.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Thanksgiving in the time of war.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

You guys stay safe over there and hope you enjoyed the food..  Sounds like you had good time today..  Keep the Peace   :2vrolijk_21:  We love ya and miss ya....   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:13:33 PM by cvobiker »

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »

Thank you Mark, pleasure was all mine. Very nice recount of tonights feast and discussion. I regret not leaving when you did but I had to try and take my leftovers. No go and then I saw the sign on the door. LOL Oh well, I don't have a refer just yet anyway. Looking forward to future dinners and enjoying your company. Very cool how we are able to connect so far away from home and family yet still enjoy the comraderie of friends and people we've never had the pleasure of meeting before.

Cheers and talk later on.
Cave 42 out.  ;D :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:09:33 PM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »

God bless you and all others currently serving. Your story brings back many memories of my 17 deployments, 4 combat tours in Vietnam and time served in-theatre during Desert Shield / Desert Storm.  Freedom isn't free and patriots serve this great country all over the world 24/7/365 to allow everyone else to sit at home and enjoy their freedom this Thanksgiving. THANK YOU!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:21:29 PM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »

Mark,  Hurry up and get your arse back here!  We worry about you!  Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »

A very special thanks to you guys and gals serving in our military,  THANK YOU    Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

Thank you for your well wishes. Much appreciated.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.