Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Corbin shows three seats that will Fit the RG.  (Read 3449 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Corbin shows three seats that will Fit the RG.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 10:22:02 AM »

LarryB, it has been reported that the Corbin Classic Solo seating position is 1-2" closer to the handlebars than the stock seat. Is this your opinion too?

the standard sits ya back an inch or so. the close version might do what you suggested.

i like the classic solo. :2vrolijk_21:

had mine done in black textured.

ride on

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 12:27:18 PM »

the standard sits ya back an inch or so. the close version might do what you suggested.

i like the classic solo. :2vrolijk_21:

had mine done in black textured.

ride on

TN

The reason that I ask is because the last Corbin Classic Solo that I bought moved me forward about 2" and I was not happy - and it was not the close version. I seem to remember that Don said his Corbin Classic Solo for his SERG moved him closer forward even though it was not the close version.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

The reason that I ask is because the last Corbin Classic Solo that I bought moved me forward about 2" and I was not happy - and it was not the close version. I seem to remember that Don said his Corbin Classic Solo for his SERG moved him closer forward even though it was not the close version.

gotcha. my last corbin was on a 95 fatboy.

my classic for my serg seems to set me lower and back a tad. :2vrolijk_21:
after adjustment of the backrest it seems perfect for me. :orange:

is foward high heat on the switch?

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »

The rear bracket is adjustable to move the seat forward or backward about 3/4". I installed all the way forward. will ride it today to see how she rides, and take better pictures in the sun
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »

I rode the Jester through Daytona yesterday and stopped at the Corbin store. I bought a Corbin heated for her. Was there only 30 minutes. They'll ship the old seat to my house. Only way to buy a seat. Installation was free.  ;D  I put $749.99 on the credit card, and the rest cash. What JD doesn't know can't hurt me.

Guy told me they have a solo seat for the RG's now too. I didn't buy it though. Didn't particularly like the looks of it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »

I rode the Jester through Daytona yesterday and stopped at the Corbin store. I bought a Corbin heated for her. Was there only 30 minutes. They'll ship the old seat to my house. Only way to buy a seat. Installation was free.  ;D  I put $749.99 on the credit card, and the rest cash. What JD doesn't know can't hurt me.

Guy told me they have a solo seat for the RG's now too. I didn't buy it though. Didn't particularly like the looks of it.

I must have read this wrong.  You actually meant you bought the heated Corbin for JD right?  Not just for the bike?  Heated seat and more comfortable seat to aid in Cheri's riding experience and pleasure.  Because as long as its all about her you don't get smacked about the head and shoulders quite so much...  :drink:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »

I must have read this wrong.  You actually meant you bought the heated Corbin for JD right?  Not just for the bike?  Heated seat and more comfortable seat to aid in Cheri's riding experience and pleasure.  Because as long as its all about her you don't get smacked about the head and shoulders quite so much...  :drink:

Of course it's for JD. That goes w/o saying.  ;DJust rode on the seat 100 miles or so, and so far...Makes me wonder why I didn't buy one as soon as I got the Jester.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »

Of course it's for JD. That goes w/o saying.  ;DJust rode on the seat 100 miles or so, and so far...Makes me wonder why I didn't buy one as soon as I got the Jester.

All kidding aside that's been my experience with those saddles also.  I know some have had difficulty with them.  But I don't ride any distance without them.

When the SEEG arrived the Corbin had been ordered but wasn't here yet.  Had a few week wait if I remember correctly.  Even though that seat needed tweaked a bit it was still like "going home" again for my rear end when it arrived.  That tan Road King seat got for it later was perfect from moment one.  And the red seat for the SERG was absolutely spot on from the moment it came out of the box.

No "break in" times here either.  Bolt it on and go.  Congrats on being comfortable on the new saddle.  Miles and smiles.  That's what it's all about :thumbsup: .

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »

All kidding aside that's been my experience with those saddles also.  I know some have had difficulty with them.  But I don't ride any distance without them.

When the SEEG arrived the Corbin had been ordered but wasn't here yet.  Had a few week wait if I remember correctly.  Even though that seat needed tweaked a bit it was still like "going home" again for my rear end when it arrived.  That tan Road King seat got for it later was perfect from moment one.  And the red seat for the SERG was absolutely spot on from the moment it came out of the box.

No "break in" times here either.  Bolt it on and go.  Congrats on being comfortable on the new saddle.  Miles and smiles.  That's what it's all about :thumbsup: .

The seat has been the worst part of trying to "stay" in the saddle and not stopp all the time on long rides. First tank of gas I can generally run a tank of gas out. By the time I've ridden 400 miles, I need a break every 40 miles or so. No longer than I've had it, it's pretty obvious quickly it's a much better seat. It's really a shame we have to buy a new seat as soon as we get a new HD.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 12:34:48 PM »

The seat has been the worst part of trying to "stay" in the saddle and not stopp all the time on long rides. First tank of gas I can generally run a tank of gas out. By the time I've ridden 400 miles, I need a break every 40 miles or so. No longer than I've had it, it's pretty obvious quickly it's a much better seat. It's really a shame we have to buy a new seat as soon as we get a new HD.

Especially given what a good new saddle tends to cost.  It's been that way for a long time though. 

Can remember a long time ago never changing saddles.  Or probably even thinking about it.  Probably didn't have the options then.  Certainly didn't have the money for expensive touring saddles.  But hell, when the bike was a rigid the saddle was the least of your worries.

Used the Corbins on several bikes now though.  They work for me.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »

had this on another thread
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

a classic solo and classic solo "close" for my cherry
                          close moves you forward about 2 in   ...   but is also narrower in the front
                           I'm 5-9 and fellmore comfortable riding the close   ...   but only ride the regular on a trip   ...   
                                         fells to short for the legs and feet

wts

someday- today-will be the good old days
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.