Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Tuner in D.C. Area?  (Read 998 times)

CVOUltra09

Dyno Tuner in D.C. Area?
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »

- Who do you recommend for dyno-tuning (Power Commander) in the D.C. area?

- Also, which H-D dealerships in the D.C. area do you prefer, and why?

- I just sold my '04 Ultra to a co-worker who is taking it to D.C. with him (bike will arrive in Feb)

- I want to send him to a good place to get her tuned-up

- Bike has an H-D Stage II Big Bore Kit (1550), ported/polished heads, V&H True Duals w/ Ovals

- Picking up an '09 SEUC (Ruby) in a few weeks when I go home for Xmas...

Thanks,
JD

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
Re: Dyno Tuner in D.C. Area?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »

We live 30 miles south of D.C. so the dealer most use is Fort Washington Harley. Its on Indian Head Hwy. The owner has 2 locations. One farther south than Fort Washington in Hughesville MD. Thats All American Harley, the Hughesville location has a Dyno,usually have to make an appointment to get on it. Not sure if the Fort Washington has a dyno also.
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 02:39:46 PM »

Tuning is way too important not to find the best tuner you'd be willing to travel some distance to if ya have to. Not many places can tune properly. Expand your radius that you'd be willing to travel for this, moreso than normal repairs. You'll never regret a properly tuned bike, but YOU WILL REGRET AN IMPROPERLY TUNED ONE!!!

Check w/DCFIREMANN (Mike). He's around DC and should know. And I don't think AXIL's too far from DC. Good luck man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »

We live 30 miles south of D.C. so the dealer most use is Fort Washington Harley. Its on Indian Head Hwy. The owner has 2 locations. One farther south than Fort Washington in Hughesville MD. Thats All American Harley, the Hughesville location has a Dyno,usually have to make an appointment to get on it. Not sure if the Fort Washington has a dyno also.
I had my PC III installed at Ft Washington.  It was not running all that great when I got it back.  I hooked up my laptop and found the description for some map done for a 95 in with a supped up cam.  I took my SEEG to Eastern Performance in Gambrills MD.  They did a custom map for my 103, it ran great, no problems in over three years.  Can't speak for All American.
Scrrem

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »

cvoultra09,  I would suggest calling john helvey at pure hell custom cycle in manassas park va. 703-335-1447.
 he is great with power commander and uses a super flow dyno. he is a stand up guy.      axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

MontyB

• Amazing! You can actually SEE the laws of physics breaking!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Twilight
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »

My last two bikes with PC III's were tuned at Frederick HD .  I felt they did a great job and was very pleased with the quality and the results. They campaign their own race bikes so the tuners ther know what they are doing.  FHD is also a certified tuning center for PC, for what that's worth.

Cheers!
"Good news, Marge!  I've learned how to walk naked on stilts!"
Iron Butt Assn #33622
Tennessee Squire

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »

My last two bikes with PC III's were tuned at Frederick HD .  I felt they did a great job and was very pleased with the quality and the results. They campaign their own race bikes so the tuners ther know what they are doing.  FHD is also a certified tuning center for PC, for what that's worth.

Cheers!
Fredrick Maryland 

CVOUltra09

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »

All-

-Thanks a bunch, this really helps!

Best regards,
JD

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.