Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Govermental bailout to help name a stadium  (Read 1574 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Govermental bailout to help name a stadium
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »

How right is this?

Citigroup  is busy mounting branded signage on the new Mets ballpark, Citi Field, as part of its 20-year $400 million agreement to brand the new stadium with the Citigroup name.  At the same time, Citigroup is struggling like most U.S. financial companies having lost $17 billion in the last three quarters and cutting 28,000 jobs according to the New York Times.

Taxpayers are paying for this.
Another sign as to how screwed up everything is!
This needs to stop!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Govermental bailout to help name a stadium
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »

SBB you got that right.- :2vrolijk_21:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »

Just sent a email to my reps about this, did you??

Bunch of chit!

Citigroup  is busy mounting branded signage on the new Mets ballpark, Citi Field, as part of its 20-year $400 million agreement to brand the new stadium with the Citigroup name.  At the same time, Citigroup is struggling like most U.S. financial companies having lost $17 billion in the last three quarters and cutting 28,000 jobs according to the New York Times.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »

Chip- that's chicken feed. At least its staying in the US. Did you see this on the news?? I doubt it.

Today's Outrage: Citi Takes Cash to Spain
Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson gives the U.S. bank $45 billion in taxpayer money to keep it afloat and get it to pump some money into the emaciated U.S. lending system and what does Citi do?

Buy a Spanish highway operator.

Yes, you heard right. A Citigroup infrastructure fund agreed to take over Spain's Itinere from Sacyr Vallehermoso in a deal valued at about $10 billion, which includes about $6.3 billion in debt that Citi will take on.

Just what Citi needs: more debt.

Of course, Citi officials will tell us this is good debt, unlike the $306 billion in risky assets U.S. regulators agreed to backstop last week as part of a $20 billion taxpayer-funded cash injection to shore up the bank. That's on top of the $25 billion in federal bailout money Citi received earlier this year.

U.S. taxpayers are definitely getting a great return on that investment.

I'll bet Paulson just can't wait to hand over another $10 billion to Citi when the bank complains that the global recession is eating into the tolls it thought it would be collecting in Spain.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »

Chip- that's chicken feed. At least its staying in the US. Did you see this on the news?? I doubt it.

Today's Outrage: Citi Takes Cash to Spain
Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson gives the U.S. bank $45 billion in taxpayer money to keep it afloat and get it to pump some money into the emaciated U.S. lending system and what does Citi do?

Buy a Spanish highway operator.

Yes, you heard right. A Citigroup infrastructure fund agreed to take over Spain's Itinere from Sacyr Vallehermoso in a deal valued at about $10 billion, which includes about $6.3 billion in debt that Citi will take on.

Just what Citi needs: more debt.

Of course, Citi officials will tell us this is good debt, unlike the $306 billion in risky assets U.S. regulators agreed to backstop last week as part of a $20 billion taxpayer-funded cash injection to shore up the bank. That's on top of the $25 billion in federal bailout money Citi received earlier this year.

U.S. taxpayers are definitely getting a great return on that investment.

I'll bet Paulson just can't wait to hand over another $10 billion to Citi when the bank complains that the global recession is eating into the tolls it thought it would be collecting in Spain.

WOW  they are a bunch of greedy some beaches there.
Buy it and we pay for it!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »

These aholes need a good stiff kick in the nutz and I am just the guy to do it!!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »

Just sent a email to my reps about this, did you??

Bunch of chit!

I just sent an email to your reps my reps too!
This sucks big time! :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg:
Guess I'll just have to start a bank and get in the bailout line too. ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »

I heard on the news that one of the New York congressional representatives suggested that the ballpark be renamed to Citibank/Taxpayer Stadium as that would be more fitting.
   :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:48:43 PM »

Can't help but love the chutzpah displayed by these crooked greedy assholes and their puppets at the Treasury and the White House.  The massive infusion of capital by the taxpayers was intended to get the credit markets functioning normally, but all I've seen so far is Wall Street firms and banks spending taxpayer funds for bonuses, retreats, foreign investments, and advertising.  No oversight required, just hand hundreds of billions to people who have already proved they are either incompetent or crooks.  On the other hand, a big part of what is left of the manufacturing sector in this country goes to Washington to ask for a bridge loan to get them past the cash crunch created by the aforementioned crooks in the credit markets as well as the crooks manipulating fuel prices, and they are told to disclose all their secrets, give us details about how they will spend every dime, work for $1, kneel down and kiss our congressional asses, and then after we make you beg we will just blow you off while we hand another 50 billion or so to AIG or CitiGroup.

If GM, Ford, and Chrysler had reincorporated as banks they wouldn't be taking this abuse, they would be sharing in hundreds of billions with no strings attached.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »

Can't help but love the chutzpah displayed by these crooked greedy assholes and their puppets at the Treasury and the White House.  The massive infusion of capital by the taxpayers was intended to get the credit markets functioning normally, but all I've seen so far is Wall Street firms and banks spending taxpayer funds for bonuses, retreats, foreign investments, and advertising.  No oversight required, just hand hundreds of billions to people who have already proved they are either incompetent or crooks.  On the other hand, a big part of what is left of the manufacturing sector in this country goes to Washington to ask for a bridge loan to get them past the cash crunch created by the aforementioned crooks in the credit markets as well as the crooks manipulating fuel prices, and they are told to disclose all their secrets, give us details about how they will spend every dime, work for $1, kneel down and kiss our congressional asses, and then after we make you beg we will just blow you off while we hand another 50 billion or so to AIG or CitiGroup.

If GM, Ford, and Chrysler had reincorporated as banks they wouldn't be taking this abuse, they would be sharing in hundreds of billions with no strings attached.

Jerry

Look at all the crap coming back about the bank bail outs!

You give the auto industry money now, then their still in a bind later and come back for more, then if you say no, the money you already gave them is just out the window. You give them more money and they'll be like a junkey coming back again and again! I say let them file chapter 11, restructure, then if they look like their going down the tubes later, then think about help for them, but only under strict controls.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

I can't understand  how GM executives travel in private jets asking for money to the Congress!!! >:(

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:07 PM »

This time their taking a Hybrid.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

How did those Wall Street clowns get to DC, taxi cabs?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »

Jerry

How did all those politician clowns get to DC - or to their favorite junkets around the world, taxi cabs?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »

Jerry

I wasn't kidding!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE4B20D720081203

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.