Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: chopped tour pack  (Read 6233 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: chopped tour pack
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »

My tour pak is in route and I was going through my box of parts and noticed I purchased an antenna relocation kit. Do I need this. I haven't seen the kit used on any of the tour paks I have seen installed to date.

However, from the pictures I have seen I can't tell if you left your stock antenna in place, did you have to remove it?

I added XM so I don't think I will really need the am/fm anyway, but I am curious to what you have done.
If you look at your bike you'll notice where the stock antenna is if you put a TP on the antenna will hit it. The relocation kit will give you a cable that will screw in to where the stock antenna is, run up into bottom of TP and connect to antenna on TP. If you are going to a hidden antenna in fairing then you'll not need it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »

Unless they have changed it, the bracket that comes with the relocation kit will not work because it needs to go through the right tail light.  I took off the existing L bracket and bent it slightly so it would accept the barrel adapter.  You will also need to loosen the existing connection and move it up to get a couple more threads to use on the new barrel.  Then you need to see if the ant cable conn is rubbing on the saddle bag top.   All in all it just took a couple minutes to think about.....   or you can go get an electronic antenna and put it under the fairing but you will still have ant mount holes in the tour pack.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »

My tour pak is in route and I was going through my box of parts and noticed I purchased an antenna relocation kit. Do I need this. I haven't seen the kit used on any of the tour paks I have seen installed to date.

I added XM so I don't think I will really need the am/fm anyway, but I am curious to what you have done.

I also ordered the antenna relocation kit, but it did not fit on the SERG. I opted for the hidden antenna in the fairing, but the down side to that is that you lose the weather band capability. That was not a big loss for me.
live free and ride safe

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 04:43:08 AM »

Behind the left side cover you'll see a bundle zip tied. that is the antenna wire. they come in one length to fit all applications. simply unscrew the barrel from the Bracket, cut the zip tied bundle and pull the excess through, run that into the hole in your TP and connect up. my tp had a connection that the barrel connector screw'd into. I used the Radio side since my antenna is dual purpose and has a coil in it.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »

let me get this straight, does the chopped TP come from York with the holes already in it?? I ordered the tp, the relocation kit, etc when I ordered the bike, but have since decided to go with the hidden ant in the fairing. I was under the impression that the dealer would be doing any drilling of holes, and I already informed them of the change!!
Dont want holes if I dont need em!
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

I don't think the CTP has an antenna mount on it. nor are there any other holes except for maybe mounting the backrest

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »

thanks larry kindof answered my own ? with a little further reserch!
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 07:25:57 PM »

np, i have filled about 9 holes in my tp,

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.