Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT or Pro SERT??  (Read 4648 times)

Mlpklr

• CVO1: 2008 105th anniversary Edition Screamin' Eagle Road King
SERT or Pro SERT??
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »

I plan on installing the Rinehart TD's and SE Heavy Breather (p/n 29253-08) on my 08' SERK. My local dealership has three SERT's (32107-01L) on ebay but say this has been discontinued in favor of the Pro Super Tuner (p/n 32109-08A). Does anyone see a problem using the SERT 32107-01L with what I want to install, or should I use the newer Pro ST?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: SERT or Pro SERT??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »

Does anyone see a problem using the SERT 32107-01L with what I want to install, or should I use the newer Pro ST?

Not sure the SERT will work on an '09. I'd go with the Pro ST or the TTS Mastertune. That's my plan at the moment. Of course, I'm still waiting on my SERG and it's all theoretical and potential for me at the moment.

Mlpklr

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »

It's an 08' SERK not 09'.  Not sure I want to void my warranty by installing the ITT Mastertune, even though reading Doc 1's information is truly impressive.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »

The warranty will be the same with either product. It's against the law for HD to treat any of them any differently. The truth is Mastertune will not show up when DT ask if the bike has been tuned and SESPT will. Another feature of Mastertune is that it allows for a backup of the original file. So you could put that back in prior to a dealer visit if you so chose to do.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Mlpklr

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

Thanks.

I guess I'm not clear on what these tuners actually do, it's not something which actually stays on the bike then. I'm a mechanic, if I can see its broke I can fix it....this EFI @#$% confuses me.  So what this actually does is allows you to tune the bike, then it's not used again until it's tuned again?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »

So what this actually does is allows you to tune the bike, then it's not used again until it's tuned again?

Yes, that is the case with the TTS Mastertune. The TMAT (ThunderMax with AutoTune) is a replacement for the stock ECM. It also replaces the stock narrow-band O2 sensor with wide-band O2 sensors. It stays on your bike.

Mlpklr

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »

Thanks for the info and clarification. I can build a 2 million dollar printing press from the ground up, but I need to take my bike to have someone tune it....should've paid more attention in computer class back in high school!LOL

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:17:04 AM »

I thought the old SERT doesn't work for the 09.  I got the Super SERT or Pro SERT, whatever it's called.  I think it's a big racket they have going.  Why can't they just build in a programmable ECM in the first place?  But then they would be losing $400 to $500 a pop.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »

Mlpklr, you and I have the same bike.  I went with the D&D fatcat 2-1 with quiet baffle and a big sucker breather.  I got the TTS mastertune and am extremely happy with the results.  I got tons and tons of torque.  You will see a loss of torque with the true duals.  Also, the TTS can modify the throttle by wire to respond more like an actual throttle cable.  That little dead spot when you crack the throttle on mine is gone.  I don't think the new sert can do this, but I don't know.  Here is a post I started about the mastertune.  I got no dog in the fight with the mastertune other than being a very happy customer.  Everyone should be as satisfied with the performance of their bike as I am.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31712.msg512857#msg512857
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:09:00 AM by Jbbrown73 »
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

eddfive

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »

The old SERT 4.77 does not have Throttle Progresstivity table.  The new Super Pro tuner 2.0 does, Direct Link does and TTS MasterTune does.  If SERT 4.77 is tuned correctly there will not be any noticeable throttle lag.  Any of these devices will work and each one of these has some unique features and tables.  Currently the TTS MasterTune has some extra tables and features which are nice for the tuner to use.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »

Do you take trade ins Steve?? :P  I have an uninstalled ssert dongle, cd, & cables but I like the save/restore of the oem file option...
Timing is everything...

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »

We will have an update for the SERT unit coming out shortly for the 2005 and newer bikes. Final testing and calibration files should be finish over the next few weeks. So if you've got a few weeks to spare we will have something for you.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

We will have an update for the SERT unit coming out shortly for the 2005 and newer bikes. Final testing and calibration files should be finish over the next few weeks. So if you've got a few weeks to spare we will have something for you.

Steve

Will there be a way to unlock a current SERT to be used on more than one bike owned by the same person? Once purchased the device does belong to the consumer doesn't it.

JW

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

No. When you bought the SERT package you agreed to certain terms of use. That is what it can be used for and you have agreed to that by using the software and hardware.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »

No. When you bought the SERT package you agreed to certain terms of use. That is what it can be used for and you have agreed to that by using the software and hardware.

But you know in the real world you may learn about these terms after it is installed. Not so in my case, but I have had to inform several friends of this fact.  I may just remove the SERT and put TTS Mastertune on my bikes.

JW

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.