Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: I miss my old bike  (Read 5139 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: I miss my old bike
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

Yes, it's a real nice bike and he should be taking it to shows.  If I remember correctly, he would like to get $12 to $14K out of it, but I could be wrong.  I don't think that they are a real comfortable bike for long rides.  Since over 90% of his riding is with me, and we usually go all day rides, he usually takes his SE out and doesn't put many miles on the springer.  He's been on my former RK and knows how nicely it is set up for comfort.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »

If the pic of your bikes is your house, I see you have at least a three car/multiple bike garage...plenty of space!

;) ;)

Space is not really a problem . . . . . but the financial markets . . . that's another story! :'(

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »

Space is not really a problem . . . . . but the financial markets . . . that's another story! :'(

Hmmm...............a 95th Anniv Springer, and an '06 SEVROD!!! Can't wait to see em Brian! ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21:

HNY man!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »

I hear ya...in my world I always say it is a matter of time and money...

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »

I know the market has destroyed me...down about half a mill or so.  Uncle Obama better have some good answers.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

I know the market has destroyed me...down about half a mill or so.  Uncle Obama better have some good answers.

Yep, that's about the hit I took, too.  So, what's another $12 or $14K, eh?!?  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :P

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »

That's what I was thinking when I bought the SE Ultra.  I also thought I would be able to sell my BMW Z4 easily, yet it's still sitting in the garage.  You would never know that there was a slump in the economy by looking at this forum.  All these people out buying expensive bikes and spending more on upgrades.  I said this in another post somewhere, but I think that we've got a lot of people in the membership here that are still able to get along even in these bad times.  I have no idea how some people make it by day to day and week to week.  I don't believe this group is representative of the entire population by any standards.  But it's New Year's eve and I guess this isn't the time to worry about it.

I'm just upset that the snow is flying here and both of my HOG chapters are supposed to have Polar Bear Rides tomorrow. Looks like I won't make it to either of those.  I was hoping that my new hinges would arrive today, so I could put those on if the weather turned as it did.  Oh well...have to watch football all day then.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.