Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone put a Jagg oilcooler on CVO  (Read 978 times)

skeezics2

Anyone put a Jagg oilcooler on CVO
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

Has anybody put a Jagg oil cooler on a 110 along with the Harley one? If so what was the results, and how did you make the hook-up? Appreciate any advice, Skeezics2

REGGAB

Re: Anyone put a Jagg oilcooler on CVO
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:25:53 AM »

Has anybody put a Jagg oil cooler on a 110 along with the Harley one? If so what was the results, and how did you make the hook-up? Appreciate any advice, Skeezics2

Did it on my SEUC when it was a 107cid.  Ran it in parallel without a t-stat.  Stock oil cooler rarely ever opened after that.  Now that the bike is 117cid, I took the stock oil cooler off, installed a chrome filter mount and run just the JAGG.  Will likely add another 6 row in series and a t-stat as the weather warms.  Temps of 117cid with single six row JAGG are 215-230 with 62 degrees ambient.  No t-stat.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

im working up a remote filter mount with a connection for the oil cooler. ill post pictures when its done - right now its a couple of large blocks of aluminum on my mill at home.

i run a side car and want to put the cooler and the filter on the right side between the bike and sidecar - my goal is to get the filter inside the right sidecar lower [they are made different than standard lowers] and the cooler just outside the lower.

none of the stock coolers will work at all with a sidecar - just no room in there.

to

skeezics2

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »

Thanks for the input , if anyone else has experience, I'll take all the info I can get!     It's -16 here in Indiana today so I'll just day dream about riding.  Skeezics2

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »

it was minus 22 this morning - was minus 21 the morning before - several days of highs below zero - i think it got to above zero this afternoon for a bit - felt like a heat wave - went and got the garbage cans in from the street in short sleeves in the sun shine.

im going to grill some steaks if it gets over 32 this weekend. :orange:

spending lots of time in the shop working on making metal shavings with the lathe. soothing recreation that is when its cold out....

to

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.