Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mid-Year CVO's?  (Read 1358 times)

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
Mid-Year CVO's?
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:10:59 PM »

I have talked with two dealers who were at the last dealer meeting with Harley.  They were told that there would be 2 touring CVO models for '06 and a CVO model for each "family" of Harleys.

Since neither of those came true with the '06 introductions, they are wondering out loud if there might not be some mid-year CVO introductions in December.

Anyone else heard those rumors??
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Mid-Year CVO's?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:59:51 PM »

Tell me this is a joke.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:02:26 AM »

Have no idea of any intended joke or any basis in reality or rumor.  Only thing I can suggest is based on having seen the production "facility" for the CVO bikes.  

The V-Rods are done in KC.  The other models are done in York.  The York lines are almost totally manual, short, and there are two of them.  There's also not room to add to them (at least in the same building they are now).  

Given the limitations of what they're currently working in and the way they described picking and training personnel to man those lines they simply don't have space or people to add models.  At least not without cutting back on production of the ones they're already doing they don't.

Granted, since it is a manual line establishing another is little more than stacking up parts, carts and workers in some empty area of floor someplace else.  But given the logistics involved in supporting it relative to what we saw in the CVO facility it honestly seems unlikely.

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:32:40 AM »

Tell me this is a joke.

Ok  its joke !!!!!  [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:59:35 AM »

I have talked with two dealers who were at the last dealer meeting with Harley.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 12:09:47 PM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 02:20:37 PM »

CVO Sportster, anyone?  I wrote that as a joke in the previous post but then what do I find on ebay?  Take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CVO-Sportster_W0QQitemZ4570664653QQcategoryZ49995QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm guessing that this guy believes that since he put a factory custom paint set on his Sportster, that he now has a CVO bike.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »

Question: When has the MOCO ever introduced a new model in Mid-Year.........

Answer:    [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 01:34:31 AM »

Question: When has the MOCO ever introduced a new model in Mid-Year.........

Answer:

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »

Good answer HD-Dude! And correct by the way.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I was thinking about a Mid-Year CVO........as that was the original question being discussed. [smiley=confused5.gif]

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 05:39:26 PM »

IMHO opinion they will not and here is why. History repeats itself and if we read the cvo history page on the H-d Website and also the topic thread on this site you can see the trend. They make two models air cooled models each year. Overlapping years so that you get a new model in the lineup every year. A good example is there will not be such a thing as a 2007 CVO fatboy because it was introduced in 05, changed a bit for 06 and will circle out of rotation to make room for the next model in the family line up...........perhaps a CVO Dyna Glde which would make sense since they made so many changes on that family member for 06.07 would be a good opportunity to showcase the improvements with a cvo model............of course all this is just bs after smokin some of that funny green stuff.....but it makes sense to me and thats what really matters to me!!!

I also suspect that when they complete 2 years of a cvo model for each bike in the air cooled line up the next generation of harleys will roll out all having water cooled v-rod inspired technology...............I think I am going to take care of my CVO, since it may very well be the last new Harley I ever own! With the new epa regs I will be able to do whatever I want and still not have to worry about owning one custom motorcycle in my lifetime since this one is grandfathered and factory not custom!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.