Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some exhaust options that I have tested ro an '07 SEUC  (Read 973 times)

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
Some exhaust options that I have tested ro an '07 SEUC
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »

As some of you might have seen from my name, I just purchased an 07 SEUC from CA and had it shipped to Indianapolis.  I asked several exhaust questions and was inundated with responses from all of you, and I really appreciate your input.  I bought several used items from ebay and did some experimenting with all of them. 

My bike came originally with a Thunderheader 2 in to 1 system (which I now have on ebay for sale) and it was very loud and I did not like the look of the 2 in to 1.  I was at Daytona a few weeks back and heard an '07 SEUC with stock exhaust and it had no sound at all.

I purchased a set of original header pipes with the crossover for the 2007 on ebay and put them on, and from what I read, this would give me the best all around performance low and high end.  I also purchased a set of V and H oval slip-ons (not the monster ovals they have out now), a set of older screaming eagle sliip-ons (the ones from a few years ago that are louder than the current ones they are making), and a set of stock ultra slip-ons from a company on ebay called Jag Performance out of Sheperdsville, KY.  They take the stock mufflers and retrofit them with some different type of baffle and re-sell them.  Check them out on ebay if you are interested.  I bought the header pipes for around $40, and paid way less than half of retail for the sets of mufflers.

Here are the results if it helps anyone:
1.  The V and H ovals sound really great with that deep throaty sound, and are relatively loud, but not as loud as the Thunderheader.  Great overall sound.
2.  The screaming eagle pipes sound exactly like the ones on a hertiage I used to have, and I did not like the sound they had.  They have a quieter rumble and perk up once you get in to the throttle.  They are back on ebay.
3.  The stock retrofits from Jag Performance are much quieter but a lot quieter than stock.  They have a nice mellow tone and also perk up once you get in to the throttle.

I rode the bike after all of these were installed and had no noticeable difference in performance, low or high end.  The bike is relatively fast as it is, so I don't know how much it really changed anything from one to another.

I only wanted to pass this information on to anyone that might have the desire to change things on their bike and offer up some suggestions.  If you have stock now and want sometihng a little louder, then definetely check out the guy on ebay for his retrofitted pipes.

Thanks for all of your input!

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Some exhaust options that I have tested ro an '07 SEUC
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

Here are the results if it helps anyone:

3.  The stock retrofits from Jag Performance are much quieter but a lot quieter than stock.  They have a nice mellow tone and also perk up once you get in to the throttle.

Robonel,

Thanks for sharing your exhaust impressions.  I am confused about your report on the Jag Performance mufflers. Are they really alot more quiet than stock?
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »

Exhaustive....well done!
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »

Robonel,

Thanks for sharing your exhaust impressions.  I am confused about your report on the Jag Performance mufflers. Are they really alot more quiet than stock?

Sorry, they are quieter than the screaming eagles but louder than stock.  The stock ones I heard had no sound at all.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.