Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Passenger Floorboards  (Read 1828 times)

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
Kuryakyn Passenger Floorboards
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »

Has anyone installed the new passenger floorboards from Kuryakyn part number 4382 ?  I am wondering if they can be raised or lowered while riding or if I would have to pull over everytime the wife wanted to raise or lower them? They look good, but wondering how they work in real life.  Also wondering how they compare in size to original when folded and when in use.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:59:20 PM by 2harleys »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Kuryakyn Passenger Floorboards
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

The ones I have seen on GL1800's your wife can raise and lower while going down the road, these should be no different.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:23 AM »

Just a crazy thought, but I wouldn't try changing ANYTHING while riding...mirrors...highway pegs...radio, etc.  In my mind it's just TOO DANGEROUS!

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

I would not let anyone ride on my bike that was not smart enough to take their foot and move a highway peg up or down without causing personal injury.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »

I would not let anyone ride on my bike that was not smart enough to take their foot and move a highway peg up or down without causing personal injury.
:2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »

Just a crazy thought, but I wouldn't try changing ANYTHING while riding...mirrors...highway pegs...radio, etc.  In my mind it's just TOO DANGEROUS!

Reminds me of a story a few years ago.  Was out on the red bike killing some miles going nowhere in particular some afternoon.  Pulled in to the dealership in Springfield, MO or Ft. Smith, AR or somewhere around here (just don't remember where for sure).  Some guy was incredibly proud of just getting his brand new Ultra.  I don't mean proud; I mean very very very proud.  Real danger of popping buttons.

This guy wanted to go for a ride with someone.  Anyone.  Anywhere.  He just wanted to have his bike on the road with another bike.  No one but the staff was around the dealership.  So I told him "let's go."  And off we went to wind out some miles and let him enjoy his new bike.

The red bike then had some pouches on the glove box doors that would hold CDs and other things.  The guy and I had been out for 45 minutes or so.  In my mirrors he'd seemed a happy camper the entire team.  I needed to change music.  About this same time he wanted to lead for a bit so around me he went.

It was easy to change CDs with the discs accessible in those pouches.  Pull the CD out of the radio, put it in your mouth, open the flap on the pouch, grab the new disc, put it in the radio, then take the CD out of your mouth and put it back in the pouch.  Actually easier than adjusting the lower fairing vents while going down the road.

So I'm changing CDs and in the middle of this process the guy now leading pulls over to the side of the road.  I pull up behind him to see what's going on.  He sees me with a CD sticking between my lips and just chuckles.  He'd pulled over because he didn't want to take his hands off the bars long enough to turn on the cruise control switch...  ::)

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »

whew, that's a relief.....I thought your story was going to end in "and then I looked up and saw the guy suddenly stopped in front of me, and I rear ended him".
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.