Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Correct SERT to fix lag?  (Read 1111 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Correct SERT to fix lag?
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

I have an 08 SERK with a SERT that was installed last May. I have the TBW which has already left me stranded once, my part # for the SERT is 32107-01L. Is there a newer version to this? I have discussed the throttle lag with my dealer/installer/tuner right after the install and I was told that it was common for my set up but they might be able to make some improvement but I would have to live with most of it. I held of bringing it in because I figured they could do it when they did the gasket repair plus I wasn't convinced they would/could make an improvement.  Now I'm told that there is an improved or additional componet that will allow them to tune the lag out. This problem seems to be a common subjet on this forum and I was hoping to get the correct information to solve the problem. My bike is currently at the dealership getting the gasket fix and I could use advice on how to proceed. I don't want to have to pay for more DYNO time to get this running the way it should have right from the beginning. When I first brought up the subject of the throttle lag to the service dept I was told it was the cam, or the combination of the RHTD etc. Now they freely admit there was an issue and it can be tuned to run perfectly. As usual any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray G. 

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Correct SERT to fix lag?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »

Not sure what version you have but if you have it install on your PC look under Help and About and you can find the software version there. The Last version was 4.7.7 before it was discontinued. If you have the calibration the dealer installed you could send it to me and I can take a look at what they did as it may take just a simple adjustment in the calibration to solve your issue.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

RayG

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:07 PM »

Thanks Steve, I'm planning to stop at the dealership where my bike is being worked on this Saturday to get more information. I was just looking at the Screaming Eagle catalog and somehow the part numbers that I have on my box that the interface unit came in is different than what is listed in the 08 catalog. In looking at the 08 and the 09 HD Screaming Eagle catalog I can see a big difference between both models of their super tuners. I'm hoping someone familiar with the S E Pro Race Tuner kits can make sense of what I'm trying to describe.

Thanks

Ray G.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »

SERT and SESPT are 2 different products made by 2 different companies. WE produced and own the SERT product. We private labeled that to HD from 2002 - Dec. 2007. In the beginiing part of 2008 Kent Moore started to make the SESPT for HD but I'm not sure when they started to ship those out. The interface box of the SERT has no buttons on it while the SESPT does so you can tell them apart by that when looking at it. If you have a SESPT I cannot help you out.

RayG

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:05:56 AM »

Steve, thank you very much for your reply. Considering this seems to be a prevalent issue to many others on this site I honestly figured I would have had many responses. You may have been the only person to respond but I think I hit the jackpot and found the right person to help me out. If you have a 08 Se catalog the unit I have it on page 31 located in the middle of the page it does not have a button on it. If you have a 09 SE catalog the unit is on page 25 on the top section of the page,and it does indeed have a red button on it. Is this the change you mentioned?

I looked through the entire 09 catalog and found the the unit with the button is the one they now supply with their 113" and the 110" pro race kit page 21 and for the 103 stage1V and stage III on page 22 in the 09 SE catalog. Now that I understand the difference with the models the only place I see the unit without the button is for the SE Pro Ignition Race Tuner System to be used for carberated models 04 to 06 page 59 on the 09 catalog. So If I understand this I have the older model on my 08 SERK with the TBW and apparently they could not tune it properly for what ever reason, but you are able to. Sounds like the service dept. has issues with the TBW.

I did have the TBW failed me once which left me in the idle mode on a NH Interstate during rush hour, they picked it up with the trailer and kept it for 6 days right threw the labor day weekend. I have all my slips and made them sign it because it said they called the HD support 3 times for advice on duplicating the fault but since they were unable to duplicate the failure HD would not authorize them to replace a single part. This makes me very uneasy about taking long trips. How could anyone be satisfied knowing the problem was not fixed and that it could repeat itself at any moment.  Because they could not get it to fail while it was in their shop the MOCO denied any problem, it's like calling me a liar, they did say they would replace some parts if it failed again, but I could be anywhere the next time it happens.   

Since I'm going to the dealer tomorrow do you have any instructions that you want me to do? I'm pretty sure I can talk the service manager to fix the problem unless the unit needs to be replaced. Apparently you know how to fix the problem they wouldn't even admit to when this whole thing statred last May.

My most sincere thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Thank You

Ray G.   

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:05:07 PM »

Get a copy of the calibration they put into the bike when they used the SERT. Then e-mail that to me and I can take a look and see what they have done. Without having the calibration they put into your bike we cannot do much of anything. Send it to steve@ttspowersystems.com and I can take a look for you.

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.