Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 CVO Springer purchase problems due to big Government levy on public sector  (Read 1210 times)

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3

Just when I thought everything was going fine the government here imposed a 5-10% levy on public sector yesterday, that is on top of another 1% levy introduced Jan, means my wages will be down 350$ a month (270€)
http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0204/economy.html
Doing my sums but its not looking good, If I don't buy the bike its means the government will not be getting an illegal Vehicle Reg Tax (VRT) they have been imposing on us for years.
Afraid to say the country is in bad shape, our leader Brian Cowen  earns more than Obama!!!! thats a disgrace, some of his senior ministers do so also
36,500 laid off in January alone (worse figures in 40 yrs) unemployment set to rocket from 3-400,000 in 2009 (1500 daily)

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/take-a-knife-to-cowens-bulging-pay-pack-1620323.html
Take a knife to Cowen's bulging pay pack

So its a choice between the 09 CVO Springer and a 09 Crossbones/Night Train :nixweiss:
I have a week to make my mind up

timo482

• Elite CVO Member

the crossbones will use less gas, cost less.

the cvo springer has more chrome - will go faster costs more uses more gas

both of them will go twice the legal speed limit
both are way way WAYY cool :coolblue:

just decide if you like black or chrome

to

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames

timo482 is correct that is a matter of chrome or black, both are totally sick!

As you know the chrome & extra horsepower comes at a significant price but what did it for me was also the paint, wide tire, basically the total CVO package.

You can't go wrong either way, it is a matter of if you settle on the lesser will it bug you or will the bigger cost overwhelm you later?

If a lot of others are in the same boat, maybe you can leverage the economy and new taxes as a means for them to lower the cost or throw in acce$$orie$ for the CVO.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica

now that 3 bikes there

1)cvo springer     buy it
2)cross bones(the dark custom) and the
3)night train is another bike all together.

i test rode the cross bones, u just cant corner with that bike, the very slightest lean and u r scraping they floor boards, the hight spring seat requires a longer inside leg than mine, the paint work appeals to me but, IMHO forget it.

the night train, its real practical if u dont like cleaning n polishing, just hose it down and a lil back-to-black spray and ur finished hey presto ur night train is lookin real purdy! The new wheel on the 09 really finishes off the black look much betta that the previous years chrome n spokes wheel.  nightie my second choice here

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

Appreciate your views there, think ill be going for the CVO at the end of the day, not 100% decided yet,
have until next Wed to make my mind up  :2vrolijk_21:

brhulen

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary #1009
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTCI Jade Sun Glo Pearl

Hey there Bogman,

Times can't be too tough if you're in such a dilemma as to have to decide which new Harley Davidson to buy! :)  Yeah, times are tough all over.  It's always been a case of haves and have nots.  But now seems to be a little broader / longer lines of definition.  Anyhow get the one that trips your trigger.  We don't want to hear you bemoaning the fact you coulda, woulda, shoulda.  :coolblue:

Brett
Brett in AK

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

100% decided now, phoned and confirmed that im taking the CVO, originally intended taking it on March 17th, might wait a little longer, its in the shop waiting to be collected :carrot:

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica

congrats on making a fine choice, stay  off the guiness is ur get ur new bike on St Patricks day.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.