Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuner help?  (Read 1343 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Tuner help?
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »

We have a club member here with an '03 Road King. From what she tells me there is a stage 1 download, open air cleaner and thunderheader. Other than that the bike is stock.
The bike has had a pinging problem for years (she was told "they all do that"). and the bike seems down on power.
The question: which tuner will give her the best "bang for the buck". She is not a "gear head" like the rest of us, but, noticed yesterday that I can out run her two up, on my stock bagger! I am thinking Power Commander for quick and easy. Her bike is FI.
I have a Mastertune on my other bagger, but, I think this may not work on her '03. Any thoughts???
Thanks in advance.
HOGMIKE

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Tuner help?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:23:52 PM »

Mike,

If the bike is pinging badly and has that little power, I'd get her to a good mechanic for a good once-over before I invested in a tuner. It sounds like something might be wrong.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »

rickc is right. but as far as the tuner master tune, sert, power commander and so on will all work on your 03 but
only as good as the person that tunes it. find a good tuner and go with what they are good at.    axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »

Thanks you guys, I'm going to get her to bring it over here to give it a "once over" before we do anything else. I want to ride it, just so I have a base to start at.
HOGMIKE

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:33 AM »

But if nothing mechanical is wrong, a canned map would be an improvement over that she has now. Sounds like it lean or timing is to advanced?

Craig

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »

I have a PClll usb on my '03 Road King.  Put it on after the Stage 1 and I now have 95", TW26 cams and Heads flowed.  Very happy with what it has done for the bike and will probably work well for your friend.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.