Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fargin heat!  (Read 838 times)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
Fargin heat!
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »

Dealer finally got my enhancement kit in and I have appointment for St Patty's day.Took it out for a ride last Saturday in 65 degree sunny weather and my right calf got cooked.Kinda got used to it in 85-90 degree day, but this just struck me as too much. Have Stage 1 a/c and Supertrapp SE slipons and tuning last year gave me 13.7 A/F ratio. Any ideas on what I can have them check while it's in? Otherwise it's gonna be a long,hot summer.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
Re: Fargin heat!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Put on a set of heat shields...

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

ditto... heat shields...

I had RJS Originals' shields on my '07. Loved 'em. They are much better looking and much more functional that the Harley or K...kyn shields. Of course, they're also a tad more pricey, but I thought they were worth it. You can see them at http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Maybe seek a independant shop that really knows how to tune, and cares enough to insure that the job is correctly executed.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »

Maybe seek a independant shop that really knows how to tune, and cares enough to insure that the job is correctly executed.
Anyone know of a reputable tuner in the NJ area?

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.