Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How loud are the D&D Fatcats with quiet baffles?  (Read 8674 times)

twmartin1970

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: How loud are the D&D Fatcats with quiet baffles?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »

I don't remember the exact price, but I think the quiet baffle I bought was closer to $100.  It has been over a year ago when I bought it though.

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »

I don't remember the exact price, but I think the quiet baffle I bought was closer to $100.  It has been over a year ago when I bought it though.

Now you have my attention- been running D&D FC's since 2006- 40K+ miles.  Never new about quiet baffles when I ordered but would love to try...if its not too expensive or hard to change.
Question #1- I assume I have whatever normal baffles are but how would you know?
Question #2- Where to buy/What to buy? :nixweiss:
Inquiring minds need to know....
Big Al
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

REGGAB

Re: How loud are the D&D Fat Cats with quiet baffles?
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »

I will be ordering D&D Fat Cats, quiet baffle, slant cut (matches the saddle bag angle) today or tomorrow. If they come with the bung plugs I'll make sure they are removable before installing (never seize)

I'm pretty sure that wasn't done when Rod installed the headers, but can't be sure.  Didn't ask.  My headers are, however, ceramic coated, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Geez Henry if I did that then I'd have to find a place to stay - a place to eat - find all the great places to ride etc ...........................

Yeah.......you're right......we don't have any room in our single wide mobile home either..... :huepfenlol2:.....and since I can't get my old lady to go grocery shopping (and you know I ain't gonna do that), there ain't no food in the trailer either.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: Oh.......and the riding sucks around here.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »

Over the winter did a cam upgrade; and at the recommendation of a good friend and Tuner, Installed the 502-32B FatCat 2-1 which includes the standard baffle.

Having been a "duals" rider for some time, I was reluctant to do the 2-1.  After putting a couple hundred miles on the new setup I still felt the standard baffle was a bit raspy; and a bit too loud for my liking.

After a relentless search, it appeared ordering the quiet baffle was going to be direct from D&D as I could not find an aftermarket supplier stocking them.  So I bit the bullet, and ordered direct from the factory.  Ordered Monday, it shipped Tuesday and was in my hands Friday.  Cost?  $129.00 plus $21.00 shipping.  It's a pretty large package.

However, I am now 110% pleased with the exhaust tone!  Nice smooth rumble at cruise, and still gives that unique FatCat roar when yanking the throttle.  And the butt dyno says performance was not effected one bit.  IMO, the QB should be standard purchase for anything except maybe the bigger engines >110"!

HTHs.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.