Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cee Bailey Vs CV  (Read 981 times)

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Cee Bailey Vs CV
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

Have any of you guys tried both the Clear View and the Cee Bailey.

If so, would like to hear about the difference you felt in wind noise.  I am about 5'11"  with 32" inseam and have the CV GT small (14").  It works far better than the stock and is very solid but am still getting wind noise.

Does the Cee Bailey sit out farther and block more air?   

If the Cee Bailey sits out farther, does it seem taller to look over?

Does the Cee Bailey's design just block more air?

Am thinking of trying the 15" Cee Bailey but dont want to be looking through the screen.  With my 14" CV, i am looking over with some room to spare. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I have already gone through the other Cee Bailey postings and not found these specific answers.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Cee Bailey Vs CV
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »

I have used both, its a trade off, (Form over Function) The Clearview tall recurve was far superior as far as wind protection, but I did not like the look and I had to look through it ( not that much of a problem as the clarity was amazing) The Cee Bailey 14"Shield has a much better appearance on the SERG, Vision is unobstructed, but wind protection is marginal in comparison. 

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

Have any of you guys tried both the Clear View and the Cee Bailey.

No, but I have a Cee Bailey's 14" dark. So, I can't answer any of your comparative questions. However...

Am thinking of trying the 15" Cee Bailey but dont want to be looking through the screen.  With my 14" CV, i am looking over with some room to spare. 

I am 5'10" with a 31" inseam. I can see of my 14" CB with room to spare. You are one inch taller, but have a one-inch longer inseam... which means we should sit at about the same height.

If it were me, I'd order the 14" CB, if you decide to go that way. However, even if you order the 15" and find it too tall, Cee Baileys will cut your 15" windshield down to 14" at no charge. You only have to pay to ship it to them. It comes back to you good as new -- for free!

Hope that helps...

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »

RickC - so what do you think about dark tint vs light tint??

Dartman - was your Cee Bailey the new version for the SERG??

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »

Dartman - was your Cee Bailey the new version for the SERG??

Yes, its the latest version, 14 in Lt Gray

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

RickC - so what do you think about dark tint vs light tint??

I got the dark tint. It's not opaque. It's not even as dark as it looks at first blush. I have no problems with it -- day or night.

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »

Just had the shop install the 13" light tint on my CVO SERG.  The chrome trim does not fit well...gap at bottom.  Returning...guess there will be no chrome, but looks ok without.  It's the windshield design that won't accept the trim.  Maybe the Cee Bailey folks can come with something...? :(
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »

I have a 2" over CV on my 06 RG and the Cee Bailey 13" on my SERG.  I am 5'6".  Much more protection from the CV its wider and taller.  The Cee Bailey is a good screen and I'm much happier with it than with the KW one.  I like both.  and each one is where it should be....The CV on the cadillac and the Cee Bailey on the Ferrari!!!!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.