Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help - P&A accessory switch connector  (Read 3340 times)

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
Need help - P&A accessory switch connector
« on: June 22, 2009, 10:39:40 PM »

2009 Street Glide
P & A Accessory Switch
4 pin connector in front of battery

What is the deal with this connector? It appears that one pin is hot when Ignition switch is in run position and one gets hot only when ignition is on AND the Accessory switch on dash is on too...

Anyway, I hooked a GPS to the one that is usually hot and the GPS trys to shut down every time I stop, like it thinks it's lost power. Soon as I leave the stop the GPS aborts the shutdown procedure. Does on pin go on and off at stops or something?

Thanks, jb :help:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Need help - P&A accessory switch connector
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to laugh.  It reminded me of the time I was about fourteen or fifteen and used the door jam switch to ground a CB radio I was hanging under the dash of a car I shouldn't have been driving anyway. Damned radio worked great while the door was open :huepfenlol2: .

The accessory plug.  Yes.  One leg is a ground.  One is switched power (on with the acc'y switch with ignition switch on).  One is a running light and one is a brake light.

TLMitchell

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:19:09 AM »

2009 Street Glide
P & A Accessory Switch
4 pin connector in front of battery

What is the deal with this connector? It appears that one pin is hot when Ignition switch is in run position and one gets hot only when ignition is on AND the Accessory switch on dash is on too...

Anyway, I hooked a GPS to the one that is usually hot and the GPS trys to shut down every time I stop, like it thinks it's lost power. Soon as I leave the stop the GPS aborts the shutdown procedure. Does on pin go on and off at stops or something?

Thanks, jb :help:

I'm guessing you aren't connected to the pin you want. One is always hot, one is switched, one is ground and 1 is for brake/running lights... the lighted Tour Pak spoiler and luggage racks plug into that connector.

TL

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to laugh.  It reminded me of the time I was about fourteen or fifteen and used the door jam switch to ground a CB radio I was hanging under the dash of a car I shouldn't have been driving anyway. Damned radio worked great while the door was open :huepfenlol2: .

The accessory plug.  Yes.  One leg is a ground.  One is switched power (on with the acc'y switch with ignition switch on).  One is a running light and one is a brake light.
:oops:
Don't worry, I laughed too when I understood what I did... At least I can claim; "Senior Moment", LOL  All makes sense now... All I need to decide is if I want to rewire the connector or just hit the GPS "don't shut down button" at every stop, lol... and Hey, it's my first bagger, I plead ignorant...

jimbob

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.