Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Se Pro Race Tuner  (Read 2435 times)

ronw48

• 2010 Limited - 2008 Nightster
Se Pro Race Tuner
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

:-\ 09 Ultra Classic, Stage II (103 ci, se intake, se touring mufflers, se 211 cam).  Dealer installed and dyno'd before deliivery using SE Pro Race Tuner.  1500 mi later, I need to tweek it a little more.  I have the tuner, cables, and software (32111-08).  I have familiarized myself with the software and know how to tweek the tables in both basic and advanced modes.  I have done the software upgrade to 1.005.000 and have no problem connecting the system to my laptop.  Everything looks normal until I try to read anything from the bike.  Switch on, run switch on, and computer shows bike is communicating.  Try to bring up System Information, nothing.  Try to bring up trouble codes, nothing.  Try to activate tuner to record, nothing.  Try to reprogram VCI, nothing.  Dealer says they have no idea, never had this problem before.  I think I may have to have the -09 software (what I ordered, but not what I got).  Any ideas?

09 S/T FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Silver/ Titanium FLTRSE3
Re: Se Pro Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »

Hey ronw48,

When I purchased the race tuner and cables fo my 09 FLTRISE3, I was told by my tuner that I had to have the 09 software update (3211-09) . I purchased it and have had no troubles accesing any of the functions.

Cheers, Ken  8)

ronw48

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »

Yea, that's what I thought, but they gave me the -08 version and of course I opened it before I realized it so now I guess I'll have to go back and spend another 25 for the correct version.  I've been trying to find someone that would just send me a copy of their -09 version, but no takers so far.  I'm getting ready to leave on a 3,000 bike trip to the Keys in about 10 days and wanted to get it adjusted before I left.  I guess I'll just have to get the dealer to order me the right version and pick it up when I get back in 3 weeks.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 10:51:05 PM »

:-\ 09 Ultra Classic, Stage II (103 ci, se intake, se touring mufflers, se 211 cam).  Dealer installed and dyno'd before deliivery using SE Pro Race Tuner.  1500 mi later, I need to tweek it a little more.  I have the tuner, cables, and software (32111-08).  I have familiarized myself with the software and know how to tweek the tables in both basic and advanced modes.  I have done the software upgrade to 1.005.000 and have no problem connecting the system to my laptop.  Everything looks normal until I try to read anything from the bike.  Switch on, run switch on, and computer shows bike is communicating.  Try to bring up System Information, nothing.  Try to bring up trouble codes, nothing.  Try to activate tuner to record, nothing.  Try to reprogram VCI, nothing.  Dealer says they have no idea, never had this problem before.  I think I may have to have the -09 software (what I ordered, but not what I got).  Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you might have goofed up installing the drivers at install w/o realizing it - was easy to do on first gen disk.  Might be easiest to plug the VCI in and do a new hardware wizard search and re-load the drivers from the cd.  You do not need to get a newer cd to read the data.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »

It’s been awhile, but I seem to recall at least two instances with the Super Tuner where the web updater had to be run prior to use.

ronw48

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »

Thanks for the input for everyone.  Thought about all of these things.  Took the bike, software, vci, cables, etc. over to a friends and did the entire install using his laptop.  He even hooked his laptop up to a high speed hard line instead of depending on wireless internet.  Everything worked exactly the same.  Software shows connected to bike but no response when you try to access the VCI.  Did some more checking and the ECM numbers that are in all the maps I have only go up to -08 or 08a.  My ECM is of course -09.  Finally talked the dealer into giving me a copy of the last map they created off the dyno run.  Plugged that into my computer and as soon as I start to open it in the pro tuner software it generates a number of error messages and crashes the software.  Most of the messages are about incompatible version.  Talked to the dealer about getting the -09 version of the software and they said they've had it on order for a couple months but still don't have a ship date.  Looks like I'm out of luck until I can find a -09 version of the software.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:43:25 PM »

OOPS - I missed the bike being an 09 and the software an 08.  Yes - that could be the issue.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

ronw48

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »

do you have the 09 software?

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »

Yes - all the Electronic Throttle Body maps are 205xxx  Also, the 09 software allows you to adjust the throttle opening rate - the 08 did not.

ronw48

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

I have the map from last week when the retuned the bike at the dealer.  They kept it from Sunday evening until Sat morning.  Said they were having problems with the dyno.  IMHO, the don't know how to use it yet.  They've only had it two weeks and a lot of that was getting it assembled and setup by the factory techs.  They have my bike running so rich you can smell the gas when you are behind me and I can smell it when I pull up to a light.  They were supposed to order me the 09 software when I purchased the bike, but it never came in so the slipped me an 08 version.  The 08 version is worthless to me but I can't find an 09 version.  If I had a copy, I could fix it myself.

Found a copy.  Tweeked the map last night.  One short test ride seemed to improve mileage about 2-3% with no apparent loss in performance.  Will do better test as soon as it stops pouring down rain, but looks like the problem is nearly solved.

Hi All, just got back from the trip to Key West.  Well, almost to Key West.  Had to turn around at Ft Lauderdale and return home because our friends and riding companions had severe storm damage to their home.  About 2600 miles total ride over 8 days.

To follow up on the re-tune, all I did was increase the timing 2-2.5 degrees on the lower quarter of the map.  It increased my mileage from about 27 (2 up cruising at about 60 on long flat 2 lane) to nearly 35 (2 up with a heavy t-bag on the tour pack, towing a loaded piggy backer trailer, cruising at about 80 on the interstate).  The improvement was so good, I'm almost afraid to even try anything else.  I was still able to keep pace (with nooo problem) with the GL1800 Gold Wing (also 2 up towing) we were traveling with.  When we stopped for gas, I never needed more than a half gallon more than they did and that was on long runs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 05:48:08 PM by ronw48 »

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi,
Best of luck with your problems..........
I have a CVO that has only done 2000 miles, but is two months out of warranty.
Bought an SE Pro Race Tuner a month ago - used only once.
Now the ECU has failed and, guess what, I have been told I have to buy a new ECU and
a new Race Tuner - coz my one won't work with the new ECU........

Is that cr*p or what!!

Cheers

colcop

• Full CVO Member
Se Pro Race Tuner - Good News
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 03:54:35 AM »

Hey All,

Subsequent to my earlier message - received some good news today.

My ECU will be replaced free of charge ;D,  and my Race Tuner will be sent
to the US to be reconfigured to accept a new ECU....... :bananarock:

Cheers

Colin T

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.