Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trip around Arizona  (Read 1727 times)

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
Trip around Arizona
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:02:36 AM »

Memorial Day Weekend
We started out of Phx and went down through Tucson, past Tombstone to Bisbee for lunch, then down to Douglas and stopped at the Gaddson Hotel, then up to Safford for the evening. Second day we took SR 191 (old 666) up to Springerville, over to St Johns, then up to the Navajo Reservation, Navajo route 59 to Kayenta for the night. Third day after a qucik trip up to Monument Valley we went up through Page, Kanab, and over to Hurrican Ut, down I-15 to Vegas for the night. Fourth day we took SR95 down through Searchlight, Bullhead City, stopping at Oatman,( a must stop), Lake Havasu, Parker, Bouse, and back in to the Phoenix area. About 1700 miles. The second day we got really wet, but was a nice relief from the heat. Going to do the trip again this fall, gong the opposite direction.

charlie

Re: Trip around Arizona
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »

Why are they in the middle of the street.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »

Bring a carrot and find out :P

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »

:drink: :drink:

Yeah baby.  191 is great riden it twice.

Painted desert, Petrified forest, Winslow ("Take It Easy"), the Morenci Mine, Sedona etc.  Great state to ride in.

Only bad part, it's a long way from south Texas

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »

http://cyclerides.com/

check it out..............

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »

That's there home......you're a guest in there home.  So.......if you forgot to come bareing gifts.....the little store will sell you some carrots.  If you don't have carrots they will quickly releve you of your ice cream or anything else you may be eating.  Was feeding one once....another snuck up and tried to get the bag of nuts out of my back pocket.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »

That's there home......you're a guest in there home.  So.......if you forgot to come bareing gifts.....the little store will sell you some carrots.  If you don't have carrots they will quickly releve you of your ice cream or anything else you may be eating.  Was feeding one once....another snuck up and tried to get the bag of nuts out of my back pocket.

I saw that happen when somebody had a carrot sticking out of his back pocket  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.